Emotionally engaging, visually pleasing, and viscerally stunning
By drbcr on
2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)
The safety features of a car are an important consideration for me. I decided to look into BMW, Audi and Mercedes. Currently, BMW does not offer a car that competes in this class (perhaps the 5 series Gran Turismo?) I was able to test drive the M-B CLS 4matic and the Audi A7. Audi did seem to have a sportier feel to it. Both cars have a wide array of technology and safety features, but M-B believes in taking a more pro-active role in terms of safety (Active Blind Spot Assist/Active Lane-Keeping Assist). The sensual sheet metal, safety features, exclusivity, and twin turbo 4.6L V8 with 4matic sold me on the M-B. I had no idea that a car could be so interactive, functional, & beautiful.
Favorite Features
-Distronic Plus(Radar cruise control-the ability to stop itself and continue when the traffic is clear) -Driver's Assistance Pkg (Active Blind Spot Assist & Active Lane Keeping Assist) -LED headlights -4 matic (AWD) -Engine, powerful yet efficient. I get close to 30mpg on the highway -Adjustable Air Suspension -Voice activated everything (radio, phone, navigation) -Low production (you don't see them everywhere) -Parktronic (Active parking assist) -Automatic self adusting headlights (high beam to low beam when a car approaches) -Keyless Go -The feeling you get when people stop & stare and give the thumbs up!