Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-benz Cls-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Without qualification of any kind it is absolutely the best car I have ever owned.
By fordicci

2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Handles and responds like a much smaller car. Comfort of a large sedan with the power of a sports car. Everything about this car is outstanding.

Smartly Delivers Mutually Exclusive Qualities
By rhut

2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

luxurious ride yet sharp handling, smooth and powerful yet efficient engine, efficient all wheel drive, craftmanship and styling; Incredible engineering achievement that grows on you with every mile and challenging road traveled; able to deliver traditionally mutually exclusive qualities: adaptive air suspension gives you flat cornering and sports car like reflexes with an S-class like ride quality; biturbo V8 engine pulls, revs, and hangs at the throttle like a sports car engine yet delivers routinely real world 28 mpg on spirited long distance highway/country road driving in a 4wheel drive 4200 pound car; the most impressive Mercedes in a generation !

Favorite Features

V8-engine air suspension interior and exterior design solidity, heft and agility full LED lights and adaptive high beam make night drives a breeze; Cooled/heated active multicontour seats Attention assist

Suggested Improvements

a little head bending required to get into rear seat for 6 footer, once there no problem; small price to pay for beauty;

Best Car I have Ever Owned
By travisesq

2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I purchased this car two days ago, in palladium silver and black interior. So the only disclaimer for this review is that I have driven the car a total of 150 miles. Having owned several different models of Mercedes (including a 2011 E350, that I traded for this car), as well as BMWs and Porsches, I can honestly say that this is the finest vehicle I have ever driven. Power is more than abundant. Steering and handling are perfection. Exterior and interior build quality and styling give me goose bumps. Buy this car if you can.

Emotionally engaging, visually pleasing, and viscerally stunning
By drbcr

2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

The safety features of a car are an important consideration for me. I decided to look into BMW, Audi and Mercedes. Currently, BMW does not offer a car that competes in this class (perhaps the 5 series Gran Turismo?) I was able to test drive the M-B CLS 4matic and the Audi A7. Audi did seem to have a sportier feel to it. Both cars have a wide array of technology and safety features, but M-B believes in taking a more pro-active role in terms of safety (Active Blind Spot Assist/Active Lane-Keeping Assist). The sensual sheet metal, safety features, exclusivity, and twin turbo 4.6L V8 with 4matic sold me on the M-B. I had no idea that a car could be so interactive, functional, & beautiful.

Favorite Features

-Distronic Plus(Radar cruise control-the ability to stop itself and continue when the traffic is clear) -Driver's Assistance Pkg (Active Blind Spot Assist & Active Lane Keeping Assist) -LED headlights -4 matic (AWD) -Engine, powerful yet efficient. I get close to 30mpg on the highway -Adjustable Air Suspension -Voice activated everything (radio, phone, navigation) -Low production (you don't see them everywhere) -Parktronic (Active parking assist) -Automatic self adusting headlights (high beam to low beam when a car approaches) -Keyless Go -The feeling you get when people stop & stare and give the thumbs up!

CLS 550s
By aradeff

2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I have owned Jags,Cadillacs and MB's. The last three 2005 Clk 550' 2008 Cls 500'20011Cls 550 and now 2012 Cls 550 after hitting a deer. This is the best car I have ever driven.Power is incredible and it draws people wherever we go. I may never change. Averaged 22.7 on a trip to NYC.

Favorite Features

Power,Comfort and Drivability. distronic was great.

Suggested Improvements

needs more instructions on systems and full comfort on passengers seats.