Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-benz Cls-class - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Better and Worse than my '07
By carlspackler1

2010 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I previously owned a '07 CLS with the AMG sports package. After looking at the Mercedes E 550 coupe, Jag XF Supercharged, and BMW M3, I purchased an identical CLS because I felt it offered a nicer interior, and better styling for less money. . So far we have put 6,000 miles on the car with no problems. The first thing I noticed on the test drive was that the interior seemed "cheaper" over the '07. Front seats did not offer the bolstering, and the leather seating surfaces did not exude the feeling of quality like the '07. The car rides,and handles much better than the '07 despite shocks on the most firm setting. It's not an M3, or XF, but that's OK with me.

Favorite Features

The engine is still one of the best V8s on the market. Twenty-inch wheels bring an improvement - more responsive and seems to absorb irregularities with ease. Ride is great - even on stiff shock settings. Love the dynamic ride feature, and the ability to change ride heights to avoid scraping front spoiler when exiting driveways, etc. I-Pod integration is well done.

Suggested Improvements

The Command System is inferior to competitive systems, and it is more difficult to use than that of the '07 CLS. Entering navigation destinations is menial torture, and voice command feature is useless. Come on, Mercedes - you can do MUCH better. Improve front seating bolstering and seating surfaces. Improve transmission - downshifts are slow, and does not rev match with engine speeds and install metal paddle shifters, not cheap plastic ones.