Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-benz Cls-class - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Best looking car on the road and more
By go-n-fly

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Such a great looking car. Can only imagine what the CLS63 must be like. Somehow I'm getting 22-24 MPG on the highway. Both good and bad, it feels like a luxury car and not a sportscar.

Favorite Features

7 speed trans. Great power even for a straight 550. Keyless go is a nice feature.

Suggested Improvements

Retractable side mirrors would be nice. The door windows need a sensor on the handle to drop them down slightly when opening the doors. They activate too late and the window pulls at the top rubber unless you open very slowly. The seats are not very comfortable.

Fun to drive sports sedan
By lion_king

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Before I chose my 2009 CLS-550 with AMG package, I test drove a 2009 Jaguar XF. XF is a nice looking car but the 1st minute I got into CLS-550, I knew that this is the one. CLS-550 has superior interior design, very comfort ride (both locally and on highway), its eyes-catching exterior makes CLS-550 no comparison in its class. Fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Extraordinary interior & exterior designs, user friendly NAV system and yes, it allows destination input while the car is moving. Great sound system, love the keyless start/stop feature.

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes side mirrors kind of block my view at stop signs, I have to watch carefully not to hit a pedestrian (maybe I should sit higher). Satellite radio option can be removed; 3. MB bluetooth's full features including "phonebook download" should be compatible with all cell phones.

Slick-looking luxury, fun and safety
By Charles Sutnick

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

My 2009 CLS550 is a step down from my 2007 S550. But not by much. Same engine, same transmission, same COMAND system functions, same Harmon- Kardon logic 7 sound system (2 fewer speakers than the S550). Superb performance which you can customize six different ways" choice of Sport or Comfort transmission shifting, coupled with Comfort, Sport 1, or Sport 2 suspension and body control. You can also downshift the 7-speed transmission using the gear shift knob if you want. Navigation improvements for '09 include gasoline brand logos instead of the old pump logo. The iPod interface is now standard, The LED rear turn signals are eye catching. Rear headroom stinks.

Favorite Features

Three Airmatic II suspension choices. Excellent drive train. Navigation system allows destination input while the car is moving.

Suggested Improvements

Offer some features available on other Mercedes models such as eye glass holder, folding outside mirrors, and pneumatic door closers. A calendar feature with reminders (like Lexus) would be nice.