Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-benz Cls-class - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Perfect!
By twistercell

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

What a great car! Avg of 3.8 sec for 0-60. Most other drives don't expect a car of this size to be so fast. Great look, great drive. Gas milage seems to be around 16-19 for average driving. Breaks are awesome! But expect to pay to replace them, not cheap. Your head hurts if you slam on the breaks.... it stops that quickly!

Favorite Features

power, control and brakes.

Suggested Improvements

wish they would have offered more of the feature offered in the S-Class...

Best looking car on the road and more
By go-n-fly

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Such a great looking car. Can only imagine what the CLS63 must be like. Somehow I'm getting 22-24 MPG on the highway. Both good and bad, it feels like a luxury car and not a sportscar.

Favorite Features

7 speed trans. Great power even for a straight 550. Keyless go is a nice feature.

Suggested Improvements

Retractable side mirrors would be nice. The door windows need a sensor on the handle to drop them down slightly when opening the doors. They activate too late and the window pulls at the top rubber unless you open very slowly. The seats are not very comfortable.

Update: True Exotic Mercedes Benz AMG
By D. Waters

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

As an update, the fuel economy has averaged now around 19 mpg, which has now fully satisfied me. Also, the multi-contour air pressured seats are so comfortable that I no longer feel a need for automatic message seats. We decided to personally test the acceleration time for our car, and it ended up around 0 - 60 mph in 3.8 seconds, which is pretty close to what the dealer said it was.

Favorite Features

Everything: the power, the looks, the luxury, the performance, the attention, the comfort, and the fact that you can outrace a Ferrari F430 or a Lamborghini Gallardo

Suggested Improvements

The only thing Mercedes could have done was to add a designo badge anywhere on the car. If you don't know what you're looking for, you might it for just a beautiful exotic Mercedes, instead of an extremely fast and luxurious exclusive, exotic Mercedes. Other than that, I am still loving this car!

Fun to drive sports sedan
By lion_king

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Before I chose my 2009 CLS-550 with AMG package, I test drove a 2009 Jaguar XF. XF is a nice looking car but the 1st minute I got into CLS-550, I knew that this is the one. CLS-550 has superior interior design, very comfort ride (both locally and on highway), its eyes-catching exterior makes CLS-550 no comparison in its class. Fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Extraordinary interior & exterior designs, user friendly NAV system and yes, it allows destination input while the car is moving. Great sound system, love the keyless start/stop feature.

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes side mirrors kind of block my view at stop signs, I have to watch carefully not to hit a pedestrian (maybe I should sit higher). Satellite radio option can be removed; 3. MB bluetooth's full features including "phonebook download" should be compatible with all cell phones.

The True Exotic Mercedes Benz AMG
By D. Waters

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

We bought a CLS 63 AMG Mystic White Designo Performance Plus, and my goodness what a car! We were originally going to get a Bentley Continental Flying Spur, but we chose to get this car. That was the best choice we ever made when it comes to a car. The interior of the CLS 63 AMG designo is far superior to the Bentley. I love the performance of this car! This car has around 568 horsepower, more than the standard CLS 63 AMG. I love the exclusitivity! There are only 3 in California and 1 in Utah. The acceleration is around 3.9 seconds to go 0-60 mph. This car gets so much attention, too! All in all, this car is an exotic

Favorite Features

I love everything! The car cost around $150,000, but is perfect! The NAV system is great! Perfect sound system! You have to love the attention! When you park your car, dont be surprised to see people looking into your car or taking pictures of your car, loving the leather seats and luxurious cabin!

Suggested Improvements

The massage seats could be automatic, and I really don't need the Sirius satellite radio. The mileage is around 16.8 mpg, but could be improved around 3 mpg. But, on the other hand, it is pretty good for an exotic supercoupe! Otherwise, no improvements for this perfect exotic!