Fine, fine machine!
By gw9 on
2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)
Have only had it 2 weeks but I am smitten. Muscular agressive stance. Swooping lines make the car look like its going fast even when its standing still. Start the engine and hear / feel the 400 hp wanting to lurch forward. Superb performance all round. Throttle, steering and brakes are so finely tuned you can pick any point on the road and PUT the car right where you want it. Technology is highly advanced, and much easier to use than BMW's "iDrive". It handles much better than a BMW 5 series and the sound proofing is much better as well. My wife rode in the back seat of the BMW 5 series and this Benz was hands down the more comfy quiet ride.
Favorite Features
Everything! Takes a lot of restraint to keep the car within the speed limit. At 100 MPH the car feels like it wants a lot more. That's all I have to say on that subject. I look for reasons to take the car out. Conversation frequently heard at our house: Me: "I think we might be low on milk...". My Wife: "This is the third time today you have been to the grocery store..."
Suggested Improvements
I don't use the ash tray (no smoking, drinks or food in this car) but the ash tray door sticks a bit. Dealer can't seem to work out the kink. Not a big deal,if this is the only thing that I think can use improvement it's a Great Car! Not a suggestion for improvement but rather a note to those who may not know: This is a 4 door coupe and real drivers car. Not a soccer mom SUV so don't expect a cushy mushy feel or creature comforts like the back up camera display on the dash or DVD screen for back seat passengers. The joy of this car is the driving experience. Passengers will love being in the car as well.