Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Fine, fine machine!
By gw9

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Have only had it 2 weeks but I am smitten. Muscular agressive stance. Swooping lines make the car look like its going fast even when its standing still. Start the engine and hear / feel the 400 hp wanting to lurch forward. Superb performance all round. Throttle, steering and brakes are so finely tuned you can pick any point on the road and PUT the car right where you want it. Technology is highly advanced, and much easier to use than BMW's "iDrive". It handles much better than a BMW 5 series and the sound proofing is much better as well. My wife rode in the back seat of the BMW 5 series and this Benz was hands down the more comfy quiet ride.

Everything! Takes a lot of restraint to keep the car within the speed limit. At 100 MPH the car feels like it wants a lot more. That's all I have to say on that subject. I look for reasons to take the car out. Conversation frequently heard at our house: Me: "I think we might be low on milk...". My Wife: "This is the third time today you have been to the grocery store..."

I don't use the ash tray (no smoking, drinks or food in this car) but the ash tray door sticks a bit. Dealer can't seem to work out the kink. Not a big deal,if this is the only thing that I think can use improvement it's a Great Car! Not a suggestion for improvement but rather a note to those who may not know: This is a 4 door coupe and real drivers car. Not a soccer mom SUV so don't expect a cushy mushy feel or creature comforts like the back up camera display on the dash or DVD screen for back seat passengers. The joy of this car is the driving experience. Passengers will love being in the car as well.

Definitely a Home Run
By Jeff McKechnie

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car was everything I had hoped it to be. Very luxurious interior and exterior styling to die for. I have never had a car that drew so many positive comments. Women seem to love the styling. Performance for such a heavy car is amazing and really does push you back in your seat. Gas mileage although not great is more than acceptable and I hit 27 mpg on the highway --not bad. Handling is good but would like to have had an AMG handling package as an option and a AMG exhaust which has an unbelievable sound. Only had one problem and that was the rear air suspension had to be replaced. Hopefully this is not a potential issue for this car. Overall I love this car.

Power,comfort, sound system, looks

Longer list of AMG options.

"BENZ BELIEVER"
By MB922

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased a silver 2008 CLS 550 w/ AMG sport package. The vehicle is excellent and is worth every penny of its 81k sticker price. I was first skeptical buying a MB over a BMW, but this vehicle has made me a "Benz Believer". 382 HP, heated and cooled seats, IPOD integration, Navigation, bluetooth, AMG appearance package, remote trunk, moonroof, leather w/ wood grain, sirius radio w/ 6 disc CD keyless go and much more. For those who want more HP opt for the CLS 63 AMG which has 507HP, but a sticker of 100k. The 5.5L V8 has plenty of HP power and torque. The CLS 550 is MB engineering and performance at its best. The vehicle takes a back seat to no BMW and is exciting to drive.

Performance, build quality, MB engineering, satellite radio, luxurious interior, AMG appearance and MPG for a V8 engine.

Bluetooth should be standard on this vehicle with a 81k sticker price. MB makes you purchase the adaptor for 500 dollars to connect the bluetooth pairing phones.

Best car
By Bob

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought an CLS 550 at the end of March 09. In bought it at the Mercedes Benz of Annapolis Maryland, Great dealership. My wife and I drove it home to Chicago. It was the best driving experience I have ever had. I love everything about this car, the styling, comfort, sound system and the gas mileage was 19/27 great!!! This is my first Mercedes and won't be my last.

My favorite would be "It's a Mercedes" but the styling, comfort, sound system, a real head turner and drives like a dream.

Nothing on improvements but I hope I am worrying about nothing but it's the reliability. I am hoping Mercedes is back to where is was in previous year and by driving it back to Chicago I think they are!!!

My dream Car
By Bobb

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I live in Chicago and found my dream car in Annapolis, they made me a deal I couldn't turn down. We drove it home the next day and I loved every minute of the drive. Comfortable, great looking "real head turner", lot of power and 26 miles per gallon. The way dash board lights up at night is like a 747.

Superb power, maneuverability, beautiful exterior, ventilated seats, great audio Well everything.

At this price bluetooth adapter for the phone should be standard