2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:
Fine, fine machine!
By gw9 on 01/12/12 21:23 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Have only had it 2 weeks but I am smitten. Muscular agressive stance. Swooping lines make the car look like its going fast even when its standing still. Start the engine and hear / feel the 400 hp wanting to lurch forward. Superb performance all round. Throttle, steering and brakes are so finely tuned you can pick any point on the road and PUT the car right where you want it. Technology is highly advanced, and much easier to use than BMW's "iDrive". It handles much better than a BMW 5 series and the sound proofing is much better as well. My wife rode in the back seat of the BMW 5 series and this Benz was hands down the more comfy quiet ride.

Definitely a Home Run
By Jeff McKechnie on 11/16/09 16:50 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car was everything I had hoped it to be. Very luxurious interior and exterior styling to die for. I have never had a car that drew so many positive comments. Women seem to love the styling. Performance for such a heavy car is amazing and really does push you back in your seat. Gas mileage although not great is more than acceptable and I hit 27 mpg on the highway --not bad. Handling is good but would like to have had an AMG handling package as an option and a AMG exhaust which has an unbelievable sound. Only had one problem and that was the rear air suspension had to be replaced. Hopefully this is not a potential issue for this car. Overall I love this car.

"BENZ BELIEVER"
By MB922 on 05/28/09 14:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased a silver 2008 CLS 550 w/ AMG sport package. The vehicle is excellent and is worth every penny of its 81k sticker price. I was first skeptical buying a MB over a BMW, but this vehicle has made me a "Benz Believer". 382 HP, heated and cooled seats, IPOD integration, Navigation, bluetooth, AMG appearance package, remote trunk, moonroof, leather w/ wood grain, sirius radio w/ 6 disc CD keyless go and much more. For those who want more HP opt for the CLS 63 AMG which has 507HP, but a sticker of 100k. The 5.5L V8 has plenty of HP power and torque. The CLS 550 is MB engineering and performance at its best. The vehicle takes a back seat to no BMW and is exciting to drive.

Best car
By Bob on 04/20/09 18:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought an CLS 550 at the end of March 09. In bought it at the Mercedes Benz of Annapolis Maryland, Great dealership. My wife and I drove it home to Chicago. It was the best driving experience I have ever had. I love everything about this car, the styling, comfort, sound system and the gas mileage was 19/27 great!!! This is my first Mercedes and won't be my last.

My dream Car
By Bobb on 04/02/09 19:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I live in Chicago and found my dream car in Annapolis, they made me a deal I couldn't turn down. We drove it home the next day and I loved every minute of the drive. Comfortable, great looking "real head turner", lot of power and 26 miles per gallon. The way dash board lights up at night is like a 747.

Best car we ever owned
By mk on 12/08/08 13:56 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Always been Audi fan but when CLS got out could not resist - and have no regrets despite rather high price tag. Starts a bit slow but then jumps like its power has no limit; holds road very well, unsurpassed comfort and attention to details, and last but not least - real head turner

Good for the family, too!
By Luigi on 06/13/08 18:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

A beautiful car with a gorgeous style and power to spare! I traded in my 2003 MB CLK 320 for this car because I needed a 4-door car to travel with my two children. Room was my only concern. I am not a truck/SUV kind of a guy so I was looking for a sport sedan that would offer a backseat big enough to accommodate two carseats and a large trunk to carry my children's bike, stroller and other stuff. My CLS just does that and more since I was not expecting this much room! Very impressed. In terms of performance? An endless engine, a GREAT manumatic gearbox, superb brakes and royal comfort/quietness.

Dream Car
By lgleaves on 05/24/08 08:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Under my Christmas tree was a beautiful pewter grey MB 550. Best gift and car of my life. Can't comprehend that 90mph seems fast in this car. Feels like cruising speed. Back seat could be bigger, but I don't plan on spending much time there. So far, my adult sons don't complain too much. A head turner for sure.

One of the most gorgeous cars ever!
By Woo on 03/29/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Now, I'm a very proud owner of a real beauty, the Mercedes Benz CLS-Class. I traded in my 5-series for a new '08 CLS this week. My 5-series had very good driving dynamics, but was simply no match for this Mercedes in terms of beauty, luxury and prestige. The CLS puts an high emphasis on syle, but it also nicely blends in great performance and an acceptable level of sedan-utility. Pound-for-pound, the CLS may be more expensive than any other mass-production cars today (including its younger brother, E-Class), but for that extra that you pay, you get a chance to own one of the most beautiful cars made today.

Wow!
By Lee on 12/28/07 09:43 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased this car after coming out of a 06 Infiniti M45 and I'm very impressed. Performance is outstanding. The car is smooth and whisper quiet at 75mph. Fit and finish is good and typical for German cars, the car feels solid. The exterior styling is so unique for MB so it's a real head turner. The interior definitely feels like a coupe. There is plenty of room for driver and font seat passenger however, this will come at the expense of anyone sitting in the rear. The Command system is a disappointment after coming from the M45. Navigation and audio controls are not as intuitive and voice activation is an option as well as bluetooth capability. Still overall I am very happy with the ca

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.