Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS63 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

I Traded 06 Porsche 911S for CLS 63 AMG
By MooseinJaxFL

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

I traded my almost new 2006 Porsche 911S for my new CLS 63 AMG for THREE reasons; 1. My kids were getting too big for the back seats in the Porsche! 2. The CLS 63 AMG is MUCH quicker than the Porsche! 3. My CLS is a much nicer daily driver than my Porsche -- and it's still a head-turner, especially in black!

My wife got me a birthday gift to go to the Richard Petty driving experience, where I got to drive a Stock Car on a super-speedway! (Great wife, right!) Well, the only way I can describe driving the CLS 63 AMG at full tilt, and roar (it roars!), is to say it's like driving a stock car! SICK POWER!

Well, the 2008 model has 507hp, and the 2009 now has 517hp, so that's a bit of a rub, as a 2008 owner! I also killed the tires by 10,000 miles! I've had a few minor electrical problems, fixed ASAP by the dealer! Oh, rub the curb, and the rims are toast; couldn't they make the tires stick out more?

• Sedan