Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz Cls-class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

I LOVE THIS CAR
By MrHoopsta

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The best car I have owned thus FAR, it most definitely gets all of the attention and looks everywhere that I go! Bought the car with a little over 100k miles on it and it runs strong, only thing I had to replace was the airmatic suspension on one side, yes it was costly but you pay for what you drive! I recommend this car, I used to be a bmw fan until I purchased this car, a GREAT buy!

Favorite Features

Exterior, V8 speed

Ballin with Balls!
By rob

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I am a sales manager at a very large dealership and i sell everything from a ford escort on up to well, a Mercedes Benz. I'm only 28 years old an I've probably owned somewhere around 30 cars since i was 16. This is honestly the first car I've fallen in love with! I was debating over the last few months of whether i wanted to buy a luxury car or a performance car, when i drove the cls 550, i realized i could have both and made an immediate purchase.

Favorite Features

Power, Performance, suspension, and Power!

Suggested Improvements

A little bit of a blind spot issue, but i can deal with that

2007 Mercedes CLS550
By Boca Raton

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The style is nice. The car is in the shop at least once every 3 months. Fixes so far include, oil leaks, belt tensioner replaced, chrome trim tarnished and replaced, differential replaced, steering wheel leather peeled, door glass window needed several repairs, cup holder chrome peels off in one year or so, replaced once and will need replacement again, window class catches the rubber molding when opened on all doors (no fix available at dealer). The car has clicking noise from from and rear suspension, the dealer said it is normal to have the noise. It may well be normal but I did not expect a MB to have such noises. Blind spot is bad.

Favorite Features

Style

Suggested Improvements

Suggest better quality interior, better chrome moldings for exterior around windows and cup holder. Windows design has many problems and needs redesign. Needs to improve navigation system. Suspension system needs improvement to get rid of noises. Needs better rear view mirrors.

More fun than I expected
By car shopper

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The CLS550 has both more power AND more room than I expected. An absolute BLAST to drive and the back seat is more spacious than it looks. It has a low roof line but it opens up once you get in the back seat. The front is totally spacious. Handles much better than the BMW 545, 550 and 750. I have owned a 750i and it was too big and made me feel old. The CLS turns heads and puts you in the back of the seat when you hit the pedal.

Favorite Features

The power, handling and looks. Plus FREE satellite radio. Voice command is also a very cool feature and more user friendly than the BMWs.

Suggested Improvements

Like ALL German cars, the navs have gotten better in the last few years but are still not as good as the Japanese. Still, I wouldn't buy a Japanese car just for it's nav. I use the nav feature about 1 time every 6 months anyway.

Concens with engine
By Slo Mo

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased this car 2 weeks ago and I've already had to return to the dealership for a oil leak. The car only has 30,890 miles and for it to have a leak is really concerning. I love the car but the oil leak really bothers me. I'm disappointed so far because the car runs great but my confidence is a little shaken at the moment.

Favorite Features

the sleek look (black), the power

Suggested Improvements

better navigation system, better floor mats, more automation with the controls