2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:
Ballin with Balls!
By rob on 08/04/10 20:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I am a sales manager at a very large dealership and i sell everything from a ford escort on up to well, a Mercedes Benz. I'm only 28 years old an I've probably owned somewhere around 30 cars since i was 16. This is honestly the first car I've fallen in love with! I was debating over the last few months of whether i wanted to buy a luxury car or a performance car, when i drove the cls 550, i realized i could have both and made an immediate purchase.

2007 Mercedes CLS550
By Boca Raton on 05/01/10 19:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The style is nice. The car is in the shop at least once every 3 months. Fixes so far include, oil leaks, belt tensioner replaced, chrome trim tarnished and replaced, differential replaced, steering wheel leather peeled, door glass window needed several repairs, cup holder chrome peels off in one year or so, replaced once and will need replacement again, window class catches the rubber molding when opened on all doors (no fix available at dealer). The car has clicking noise from from and rear suspension, the dealer said it is normal to have the noise. It may well be normal but I did not expect a MB to have such noises. Blind spot is bad.

More fun than I expected
By car shopper on 04/03/10 19:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The CLS550 has both more power AND more room than I expected. An absolute BLAST to drive and the back seat is more spacious than it looks. It has a low roof line but it opens up once you get in the back seat. The front is totally spacious. Handles much better than the BMW 545, 550 and 750. I have owned a 750i and it was too big and made me feel old. The CLS turns heads and puts you in the back of the seat when you hit the pedal.

Concens with engine
By Slo Mo on 03/03/10 19:21 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased this car 2 weeks ago and I've already had to return to the dealership for a oil leak. The car only has 30,890 miles and for it to have a leak is really concerning. I love the car but the oil leak really bothers me. I'm disappointed so far because the car runs great but my confidence is a little shaken at the moment.

Couldn't Be More Pleased
By Joel on 05/14/09 03:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

In the past I have owned multiple BMWs, Lexus, Accura, Infinities, and other Mercedes models and this is by far the best of the best. The car is extremely stylish, has incredible power, great handling and is just all around fun to drive. There are some sacrifices in rear head room for style but I gladly accept those sacrifices (not like I am back there anyway). This vehicle takes the stuffiness out of the larger luxury sedans and adds style and class that may not be for everyone. Suits me perfectly. The console controls are more intuitive than others (iDrive) and the packages offered combine a good set of features.

MB 63 AMG
By JSeguancia on 03/15/08 02:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Powerful car, handles beautifully. Drivers side mirror blocks some road visibility. Car "hugs" you as you drive. Very much worth the money.

Just Being Honest
By Mike on 03/14/08 08:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Bought the car in Aug of 07. I bought the car as a weekend car and pretty much only drive it on the weekends. the car is very powerful and very fun to drive. The tranny is a little jerky at low speeds. The exhuast note is lovely and the looks of the cars is stunning. I have had both women and men tell me the car is sexy. The car is definitely an eye turner and the stop light to stop light power is heart pumping! This car will get you into trouble real quick! I hope you enjoy it if you decide to buy!

Best Car I've owned or driven
By Lloyd Torchio on 08/27/07 15:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Excellent performance - - 19 to 28 mpg - - stunning looks(black)- - it's a head turner, people comment on the vehicle

Shockingly Underwhelmed
By trinacria on 08/07/07 16:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I've owned 10 vehicles over the last 25 years and the CLS550 is unquestionably the biggest disappointment. Bottom line - I've got an $80,000+ luxury vehicle with all the bells and whistles that drives like a 1972 Fiat. Despite being in the shop 3 times in the first 90 days, the vehicle continues to violently rattle and vibrate, the "premium sound system" sounds like a transistor radio, and the "climate controlled seats" are nothing more than a weak fan with an imperceptable effect. Two thumbs down!

Beautiful but extremely inconvenient
By Jack on 08/05/07 08:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The CLS is the most stylish 4 door sedan ever! But extremely not user- friendly. Navigation entry relies on arrow keys and enter button to choose words from list instead of touchscreen keypad. It is maddening! I find myself avoiding using it. Headlight control/indicator placed too low and out of sight. When in full on position, it does not turn off automatically when engine is shut off. Center console storage too small. No coin holder. Door pockets blocked by seats. Wiper control on turn signal lever requires twisting instead of simpler up/down motion. No rear view camera available. I am very disappointed by my first Mercedes. I will not buy another Mercedes again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.