2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Review: Very impressed so far

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Review

CLS500 Sedan (5.0L V8 7-speed Automatic)

Very impressed so far
By terryp on

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

My last two cars have been BMW's, but I was turned off by the I-drive and wanted something new. I was captivated by the styling of this car, which is a depature from the norm for Mercedes. The fit and finish on the car are quite good and it handles like a dream. I was sold the minute I drove the car. Edmunds found the control interface to be "complicated," but it is far better than the I-drive from BMW. My only complaint is the lack of headroom. I am just six feet tall, but I have very little headroom in the front seats of the car. I am somewhat concerned about Mercedes' recent reputation for poor reliability, but only time will tell on that point.

Styling and handling

Mercedes should think about redesigning the front seats to provide more headroom. Mercedes no longer includes standard service as part of the base price, so you should keep that in mind when comparing to other makes, such as BMW, which include standard service for the first couple of years.