2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Review: It has grown on me.

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan - Consumer Review

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan

It has grown on me.
By R House on

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is my 3rd Benz and I must admit that I was totally spoiled by my previous model, a 2001 CL 600. I still get goose bumps of it's awesome power and drive ability; however, it became a mechanical and reliability nightmare. When I first saw a CLS, I was struck by beauty and for me, it's understated elegance. When I decided to buy, at the beginning of 2009, looked at quite a few and drove a few, but I just could not, or was not ready, to go there. Everything in it's owm time and I spotted this beauty and I knew it was the one-black with cream interior and flawless kept, approximately 30,000, and showroom condition. After 6 months and approximately 4,000 miles there has not been one glitch.

The styling get approving stares everywhere I go. I'm 6'2" and 235lbs so getting in the drivers seat took some getting used too, but once in, it fits like a glove. I particularly like the access to all of the climate controls, radio and CD player. I'm retired, and 98% of the time I'm alone, great

As with my previous Benzs' the navigational system is a nightmare. To my mind Lexus does so much better, but then, Lexus is not a Benz. Getting golf bag and minimal luggage in the trunk reqires some imaginative work, the CL 600 was wide open and inviting. Side view requires constant vigilance.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review