One Beautiful Car
By Lou Algieri on
2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)
Mercedes designed the CLS for buyers that wanted something more sporty than an E-Class but couldn't afford AMG series cars. Well, it seemed like they designed it just for me because as soon as I saw it, I wanted one. The car has style, plenty of horsepower and handles better than the E500. I was concerned about the low roofline thinking it would hinder visibility, but that has not been the case. The high performance tires are a little noisy, but not distracting. The jury is still out on the "reliability" category because the car is new. And finally, the CLS has decent cup holders in the front!
Favorite Features
The CLS handles extremely well during cornering and turning. It has lots of power for passing and getting on the parkways. I find the brakes to be better than those on the E500 I previously owned. The paint and finish are beautiful.
Suggested Improvements
The climate control, auto/manual, is a little confusing and could be simplified. Also, the cruise control arm is located very close to the turn signal arm, which often leads to putting on the directional when you want to set the cruise.