2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Review: It has grown on me.

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Review

CLS500 Sedan (5.0L V8 7-speed Automatic)

It has grown on me.
By R House on

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is my 3rd Benz and I must admit that I was totally spoiled by my previous model, a 2001 CL 600. I still get goose bumps of it's awesome power and drive ability; however, it became a mechanical and reliability nightmare. When I first saw a CLS, I was struck by beauty and for me, it's understated elegance. When I decided to buy, at the beginning of 2009, looked at quite a few and drove a few, but I just could not, or was not ready, to go there. Everything in it's owm time and I spotted this beauty and I knew it was the one-black with cream interior and flawless kept, approximately 30,000, and showroom condition. After 6 months and approximately 4,000 miles there has not been one glitch.

Favorite Features

The styling get approving stares everywhere I go. I'm 6'2" and 235lbs so getting in the drivers seat took some getting used too, but once in, it fits like a glove. I particularly like the access to all of the climate controls, radio and CD player. I'm retired, and 98% of the time I'm alone, great

Suggested Improvements

As with my previous Benzs' the navigational system is a nightmare. To my mind Lexus does so much better, but then, Lexus is not a Benz. Getting golf bag and minimal luggage in the trunk reqires some imaginative work, the CL 600 was wide open and inviting. Side view requires constant vigilance.