2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Review: CLS 500 w/AMG Sport Pack

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Review

CLS500 Sedan (5.0L V8 7-speed Automatic)

CLS 500 w/AMG Sport Pack
By William on

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I've been a Mercedes fan for years and have owned several of them. The CLS is the best one yet. Though E-based, it's a very different vehicle. It rides better, handles tighter, and is just simply heads above the E. Even the interior is an improvement. I traded in a new 2005 E320 for the CLS500 and do not miss the E at all. The other Mercedes sedans now look dowdy next to this one. I'm 6'4" and had heard the CLS lacked interior space. Up front, there's no problem for me. I can't sit in back of most vehicles and the CLS is no exception. The only problem I had was locating one with the color and equipment I wanted because there still aren't that many around.

Favorite Features

The looks! This is not your Dad's Mercedes. Though E-based, it appears much larger due to the shape and stance. The keyless go, heated/cooled seats, etc... are of typical Mercedes high quality. If I sound biased - I am. I am seriously impressed by this car.

Suggested Improvements

I'm at a loss here to find fault. I've owned several luxury cars - a handful of them Mercedes - and there's no comparison. This car has it all - looks, performance, quality, and luxury. I'm driving it to work everday and letting my other cars sit because this one is just so enjoyable to drive.