2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Review: CLS 500 w/AMG Sport Pack

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Review

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

CLS 500 w/AMG Sport Pack
By William on

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I've been a Mercedes fan for years and have owned several of them. The CLS is the best one yet. Though E-based, it's a very different vehicle. It rides better, handles tighter, and is just simply heads above the E. Even the interior is an improvement. I traded in a new 2005 E320 for the CLS500 and do not miss the E at all. The other Mercedes sedans now look dowdy next to this one. I'm 6'4" and had heard the CLS lacked interior space. Up front, there's no problem for me. I can't sit in back of most vehicles and the CLS is no exception. The only problem I had was locating one with the color and equipment I wanted because there still aren't that many around.

The looks! This is not your Dad's Mercedes. Though E-based, it appears much larger due to the shape and stance. The keyless go, heated/cooled seats, etc... are of typical Mercedes high quality. If I sound biased - I am. I am seriously impressed by this car.

I'm at a loss here to find fault. I've owned several luxury cars - a handful of them Mercedes - and there's no comparison. This car has it all - looks, performance, quality, and luxury. I'm driving it to work everday and letting my other cars sit because this one is just so enjoyable to drive.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review