Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Can I be Dreaming ?
By jjm

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I've had my CLS-55 for three months now. Prior to it I drove an E-55 for five years. The new supercharged CLS- 55 engine with tighter suspension is a superior ride to the E-55. The Harmon Kardon stereo system is OK, but not the best. The manual shift mechanism on the steering column makes city driving a blast again. I must say that everytime I get in this car, it puts me in another world allowing me to temporarily believe that its also Camelot on the outside. The combination of horsepower/torque on this car is what makes it so fun to be in. When I first got it, I was constantly going for the brakes because I was approaching the vehicle in front quicker than anticipated. C'est la vie !!

Manual shifting on the steering column. Stealth look (I've taken off all the outside markings). Sheer speed at acceleration.

Car navigation system is inferior to high end Japanese cars. Other than that, this car is as perfect as they come.

What a car
By sam

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I had never driven such a car before. Head turning, excellent handling, powerful, beatiful, classy, easy to drive. I own several other cars among them a Ferrari 360 spider. No comparison between these two cars. The Mercedes is much more powerful and easier to drive. What a beast!

Everything.

Maybe put more power in it so it can beat the M5 from BMW.

CLS-500-A Real Beakthrough
By Dick Thompson

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The 2006 Mercedes is a true breakthrough automobile. In design, comfort and performance , the CLS 500 has broken some very exciting new ground. It drives like a sports car, has the comfort of a much larger model, and performs admirably in all driving situations. The rear seating area is actually quite comfortable. The only limitation is slope of the rear roof line does make entereing the rear comprtment more of a challenge than in other 4-door sedan models.s The interior is not quite up to the standards of Mercedes, butit is acceptable. I would recommend the vehicle to anyone interested in a unique driving experience. It is an excellent addition to the Mercedes line.

The best Mercedes-Benz ever
By Kyle

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This Mercedes is the best Mercedes I have evern owned. It is very stylish and sleek. It makes many people turn their heads as I drive by. Since I live in a relatively small town I'm pretty much the only one who ones one. I absolutley love Mercedes. If you can choose Mercedes for any vehicle you buy.

Mercedes CS
By Mark Baugh

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is the best production car ever made. The AMG handles with precision. The car enters the highway as a car should, with good power. The interior of the car is very comfortable. It is trimmed in suede and leather. On long hauls it makes the trip memorable.

The exterior design of the car, the instrument cluster and the keyless entry.

None