2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:
Love my CLS
By Gilbert on 05/29/05 19:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have been driving my CLS for almost 5 months and I really enjoy it. I test drove the BMW 645 and it was a beautiful car, but I liked the Benz's ride better. The control interface is no more complicated than a Japenese car. Almost 8,000 miles on it and no problems at all.

One Beautiful Car
By Lou Algieri on 05/29/05 18:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Mercedes designed the CLS for buyers that wanted something more sporty than an E-Class but couldn't afford AMG series cars. Well, it seemed like they designed it just for me because as soon as I saw it, I wanted one. The car has style, plenty of horsepower and handles better than the E500. I was concerned about the low roofline thinking it would hinder visibility, but that has not been the case. The high performance tires are a little noisy, but not distracting. The jury is still out on the "reliability" category because the car is new. And finally, the CLS has decent cup holders in the front!

Smooth as Silk
By J Carter on 05/26/05 13:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I traded in my Cayenne Turbo because I wanted a car with power, luxury, and reliability.The CLS has it all. It is silky smooth on acceleration. It has all the characters of a luxury car, and drives like a sports car. Enough room for four adults and luggage. I don't miss my Cayenne yet!

Former S Class owner
By Bob V on 05/25/05 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I loved the S 430 I owned prior to trading for the CLS 500. I seldom had rear seat passengers, and wanted the comfort and performance of the S class. The CLS fit the bill perfectly. Great performance and handling, and a styling "tour de force." Highly recommend the car, but refrain if you have frequent need of rear seats for passengers. Space and comfort is OK, but entry and exit is challenging. Overall I give the car a 8 out of 10.

Great Car
By Scott Price on 05/12/05 09:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This car is really a great one. It has unbelievable power, it is extremely comfortable, the car handles like a sports car. The drive dynamics seats are very unique. The functionality of the dash is great. I was on a waiting list for nine months in order to obtain this car and it exceeded all of my expectations. I have owned high end Mercedes and BMW's in the past but this car is a very special and unique vehicle.

Beware of gawkers
By bigdog32553 on 05/11/05 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

If you don't like people coming up to you in parking lots or at the carwash to look at this car and ask about it, then don't buy it! Handles great, fun to drive and is very comfortable even for a 6'2" bigdog. Have had one service problem for a faulty seat belt restraint warning message but that was corrected. Overall very pleased with the vehicle!

Experience and Love
By Chris Lochmann on 05/07/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

It took only a trip around the block to realize that this car has the true response of a sports car, but the comfort of a sedan. The size is very adequate for taller people such as we are, but it manuevers with the response of a two seater roadster. We just LOVE IT.

Sleek
By Mark on 05/05/05 17:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Head's turn often. Awesome sleek new look. Great power and handling. The car has a legitimate 2 person adult rear seat. Very comfortable. Despite low profile, I have not noticed any vision impairment at all.

Happy Wife
By L1 on 04/28/05 18:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Love this car for the styling and performance. We picked it up in Feb 2005 for my wife and it gets stares everywhere we go. It is the best looking Mercedes I have seen since the Gull Wing. The rear seat headroom is marginal as to be expected with any coupe. I am 6' tall and have an inch or two to spare. My wife is very happy with this car and I am considering buying one for myself.

Unbelievable show stopper
By vin on 04/23/05 20:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Everywhere I go I have people stopping me over the syling of the car. I sold a BMW 545 i because I was so uncomfortable in it. Love the ride and comfort of this car. Recommend it highly. Buy it with the AMG package.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.