2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:
Like A Dream
By SoCal on 07/03/05 05:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

One word: WOW! This car is amazing. This was my first Mercedes and I was somewhat skeptical of its performance capabilities before I test drove it. After that first drive, I was an instant fan. This car gives my 2004 400 hp Ferrari 360 Modena a run for its money in the acceleration category! It really threw me back in my seat...something I was not expecting for a car manufacturer more known for their luxury than performance. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a performance jolt while offering more luxury and options than more exotic sports cars.

Blind spots
By Jose E. Hernandez on 07/01/05 10:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have driven this car 1600 miles from Springfield, MO to McAllen, TX and noticed many blind spots around the car that could cause me or my wife to have a car accident. Door jams are too wide,and windows are too small and narrow. Overall the car has poor visibility from the inside. The right hand mirror is obscured about one quarter by the passenger door jam.

Sleekest looking sedan on road
By Julian Juster on 06/29/05 12:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Having recently owned an '03 SL500, an'05 CLK55 Cabriolet, and having an '03E320 in the garage, I rate this new model just what I have been dreaming of. Handling, acceleration, interior stereo, rakish looks, and so on! I also owned 2 CL500's and this is such a perfect follow-through.

Former CLK 500 owner
By Willem on 06/25/05 02:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I traded my 2003 CLK 500 in on a CLS 500 and find the following to be better in the CLS: 1. rear entry & exit 2. better fuel consumption (7-speed vs. 5-speed gear box) 3. ride quality & handling (airmatic vs. conventional suspension) 4. steering (speed sensitive vs. conventional power assistance). The car is an abolute pleasure to drive on the highways & especially over the long distances we cover here in Australia. The styling attracts a lot of attention!

One Nice Benz
By SPH on 06/18/05 09:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

If you are a Benz fan this car is a must have. Sporty, yet classy. It turns a lot of heads and gets plenty of questions asked about it. The V8 gives you more than enough power.It's very fun to drive, and worth the money paid for it.

CLS in Capri Blue
By John M on 06/12/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The car handles like a dream, and has plenty of pep with optional braking and ride styles. Abundant leg room for those of us with sore knees that need to be straight for a while. The rear seat is a little tight, but not so uncomfortable for a medium distance ride.

I Love It !! Its fun, exciting & FAST
By Don-SCI on 06/08/05 17:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

To me it is beautiful to look at - the best designed car by Mercedes in many, many years. It just keep getting better. You get into it, it is comfortable, well layed out and a sports car that holds 4 people well. 0 to 60 = 4.3 seconds! Fun-Fast-Exciting The sound is perfect, it just sounds as though it will go fast. Fuel mileage (for those who worry) has been between 12 & 14 MPG - pretty good for this type of rocket ship.

Very impressed so far
By terryp on 06/07/05 20:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

My last two cars have been BMW's, but I was turned off by the I-drive and wanted something new. I was captivated by the styling of this car, which is a depature from the norm for Mercedes. The fit and finish on the car are quite good and it handles like a dream. I was sold the minute I drove the car. Edmunds found the control interface to be "complicated," but it is far better than the I-drive from BMW. My only complaint is the lack of headroom. I am just six feet tall, but I have very little headroom in the front seats of the car. I am somewhat concerned about Mercedes' recent reputation for poor reliability, but only time will tell on that point.

CLS
By PR on 06/02/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

My wife and I have had the car now for a month and continue to love it more and more all the time. This is a fabulous car. I love the V8 and the interior is exceptional. Handles very well and is very fast. My only gripe is that you can't get anyone too big in the back seat. Other than that, this car is terrific.

Benz is back!
By JimG on 05/31/05 23:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is absolutely stunning, and with the seven speed transmission, 302 HP feels like 402! Less than 6 sec. to 60 in a first class luxury sedan is nothing to sneeze at. The build quality feels superb like previous generation Benzes when engineering came first and the price was set as an afterthought. Anyone looking at this level will be impressed with this car...if they can find one to see and drive. This makes my 7th Benz in 13 years and it is without question the best of the batch including my vaunted '92 S class. No car is perfect, but for me, this one comes very close.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.