2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:
One Nice Benz
By SPH on 06/18/05 09:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

If you are a Benz fan this car is a must have. Sporty, yet classy. It turns a lot of heads and gets plenty of questions asked about it. The V8 gives you more than enough power.It's very fun to drive, and worth the money paid for it.

CLS in Capri Blue
By John M on 06/12/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The car handles like a dream, and has plenty of pep with optional braking and ride styles. Abundant leg room for those of us with sore knees that need to be straight for a while. The rear seat is a little tight, but not so uncomfortable for a medium distance ride.

Very impressed so far
By terryp on 06/07/05 20:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

My last two cars have been BMW's, but I was turned off by the I-drive and wanted something new. I was captivated by the styling of this car, which is a depature from the norm for Mercedes. The fit and finish on the car are quite good and it handles like a dream. I was sold the minute I drove the car. Edmunds found the control interface to be "complicated," but it is far better than the I-drive from BMW. My only complaint is the lack of headroom. I am just six feet tall, but I have very little headroom in the front seats of the car. I am somewhat concerned about Mercedes' recent reputation for poor reliability, but only time will tell on that point.

CLS
By PR on 06/02/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

My wife and I have had the car now for a month and continue to love it more and more all the time. This is a fabulous car. I love the V8 and the interior is exceptional. Handles very well and is very fast. My only gripe is that you can't get anyone too big in the back seat. Other than that, this car is terrific.

Benz is back!
By JimG on 05/31/05 23:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is absolutely stunning, and with the seven speed transmission, 302 HP feels like 402! Less than 6 sec. to 60 in a first class luxury sedan is nothing to sneeze at. The build quality feels superb like previous generation Benzes when engineering came first and the price was set as an afterthought. Anyone looking at this level will be impressed with this car...if they can find one to see and drive. This makes my 7th Benz in 13 years and it is without question the best of the batch including my vaunted '92 S class. No car is perfect, but for me, this one comes very close.

Love my CLS
By Gilbert on 05/29/05 19:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have been driving my CLS for almost 5 months and I really enjoy it. I test drove the BMW 645 and it was a beautiful car, but I liked the Benz's ride better. The control interface is no more complicated than a Japenese car. Almost 8,000 miles on it and no problems at all.

One Beautiful Car
By Lou Algieri on 05/29/05 18:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Mercedes designed the CLS for buyers that wanted something more sporty than an E-Class but couldn't afford AMG series cars. Well, it seemed like they designed it just for me because as soon as I saw it, I wanted one. The car has style, plenty of horsepower and handles better than the E500. I was concerned about the low roofline thinking it would hinder visibility, but that has not been the case. The high performance tires are a little noisy, but not distracting. The jury is still out on the "reliability" category because the car is new. And finally, the CLS has decent cup holders in the front!

Smooth as Silk
By J Carter on 05/26/05 13:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I traded in my Cayenne Turbo because I wanted a car with power, luxury, and reliability.The CLS has it all. It is silky smooth on acceleration. It has all the characters of a luxury car, and drives like a sports car. Enough room for four adults and luggage. I don't miss my Cayenne yet!

Former S Class owner
By Bob V on 05/25/05 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I loved the S 430 I owned prior to trading for the CLS 500. I seldom had rear seat passengers, and wanted the comfort and performance of the S class. The CLS fit the bill perfectly. Great performance and handling, and a styling "tour de force." Highly recommend the car, but refrain if you have frequent need of rear seats for passengers. Space and comfort is OK, but entry and exit is challenging. Overall I give the car a 8 out of 10.

Beware of gawkers
By bigdog32553 on 05/11/05 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

If you don't like people coming up to you in parking lots or at the carwash to look at this car and ask about it, then don't buy it! Handles great, fun to drive and is very comfortable even for a 6'2" bigdog. Have had one service problem for a faulty seat belt restraint warning message but that was corrected. Overall very pleased with the vehicle!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.