Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Jaguar NO...Mercedes... YES
By Mercedes Guy

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After being a Jaguar guy for over 10 years, It was time to move up the ladder to something better. I have been driving XJR's, and most recently the 2005 Super V8. And to the discredit of Jaguar, and the Service departments...I have moved on, and it has been to a better place. Mercedes Benz CLS 500. What a nice little rocket. Looks good on the street.I thought it was a car that stickered for well over $100,000 when I first saw it. Again, was I surprised. The interior is tight, and the seats are comfortable. The size is great for me, as an average size man, it fits me perfect. I couldn't imagine being over 6'3" and trying to slink into it. This car in black makes you want more. Yummy!

The CD player in the dash is outstanding. The sleekness of the roof line and the short door arches are terrific. The wrap around front lights are the most distinctive and unusual on the street. They know you have class when you are seen in this car from the front or the rear.

Heated Steering wheel should be standard with heated seats. Bluetooth should be offered. And Sirrus radio parts should be in stock when the car is ordered, not having to wait up to 3 months for the part to be installed. But it is one fine car!

CLS 500 w/AMG Sport Pack
By William

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I've been a Mercedes fan for years and have owned several of them. The CLS is the best one yet. Though E-based, it's a very different vehicle. It rides better, handles tighter, and is just simply heads above the E. Even the interior is an improvement. I traded in a new 2005 E320 for the CLS500 and do not miss the E at all. The other Mercedes sedans now look dowdy next to this one. I'm 6'4" and had heard the CLS lacked interior space. Up front, there's no problem for me. I can't sit in back of most vehicles and the CLS is no exception. The only problem I had was locating one with the color and equipment I wanted because there still aren't that many around.

The looks! This is not your Dad's Mercedes. Though E-based, it appears much larger due to the shape and stance. The keyless go, heated/cooled seats, etc... are of typical Mercedes high quality. If I sound biased - I am. I am seriously impressed by this car.

I'm at a loss here to find fault. I've owned several luxury cars - a handful of them Mercedes - and there's no comparison. This car has it all - looks, performance, quality, and luxury. I'm driving it to work everday and letting my other cars sit because this one is just so enjoyable to drive.

Good but could be better
By BoBoBo360

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is a very nice car. Did a very nice job in the interior with the leather stitching and beautiful wood. The seven speed transmission is good for fuel economy and its smooth. Big fat tires even without the sports package. Has ADSII a much better version of the semi air suspension compare to ADS.

Good features are active cornering lights if you get the bi-xenon package. Very nice leather seats not too still not to soft just perfect. Wood trim is extensive

Bigger engine, hopefully the S550 engine will carry over later. The side mirrors can be alittle more helpful when parking next to a curb. Maybe a panorama roof option??

CLS-500-A Real Beakthrough
By Dick Thompson

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The 2006 Mercedes is a true breakthrough automobile. In design, comfort and performance , the CLS 500 has broken some very exciting new ground. It drives like a sports car, has the comfort of a much larger model, and performs admirably in all driving situations. The rear seating area is actually quite comfortable. The only limitation is slope of the rear roof line does make entereing the rear comprtment more of a challenge than in other 4-door sedan models.s The interior is not quite up to the standards of Mercedes, butit is acceptable. I would recommend the vehicle to anyone interested in a unique driving experience. It is an excellent addition to the Mercedes line.

The best Mercedes-Benz ever
By Kyle

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This Mercedes is the best Mercedes I have evern owned. It is very stylish and sleek. It makes many people turn their heads as I drive by. Since I live in a relatively small town I'm pretty much the only one who ones one. I absolutley love Mercedes. If you can choose Mercedes for any vehicle you buy.