Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz Cls-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

New 2007 550 CLS
By Brian

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have ordered the new 550 CLS for August delivery. The 550 engine is expected to put out about 400 horse power against the existing 500 CLS's 302hp. the electric brakes have been scrapped in favor of the old style hydraulics.

Favorite Features

Body style and new 400 horse power engine.

Suggested Improvements

None

It's a Sexy Beast!
By TeddySilva

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned my CLS500 only 3 months and love every minute I am inside of it. It drives like the smooth flow of the wind and feels like it too. Had 2 BMW525's before including the recent 2004 newbody style it was just a great drive. But CLS500 is a awesome car.

Favorite Features

The body is what drew me to the car ... Nothing like it on the road not even the great Bently Continental looks as good as the CLS500.

Suggested Improvements

The cruise control leaver gets in the way of the signal leaver. Not good. If not carefull could get dangerous. I suggest the cruise control be moved below the turn signal leaver with a shorter stick for the cruise control.

A Real Beauty on Wheels
By P Vaughn

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Had a few minor kinks, but they were taken care very well by my dealership. Fun, a great ride and is a very beautiful car. Awesome handling. At first the dash was a little bit intimidating but I got use to it and is really very well thought out. Back seat is a little too small,oh well... I recomend the rubber floor mats for the winter which helps w/ my black on black interior.

Favorite Features

She is a beautiful, sleek and sexy car that really can move. Everyone who sees my CLS500 are in awe and think it is the best looking MB on the road today.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are not deep enough or large enough. Back seat could be a little roomier.

A Classic, Superb in every way
By Jimbo

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

One need not wonder about the importance of this car to Mercedes and to the rest of the automobile world. Porsche is building a competitor as is Aston-Martin. All new Mercedes sedan pay homage to the style of this car. It is simply the best looking sedan on the road, inside and out. That is why Top Gear, an British automotive magazine recently picked it the best luxury car of 2006... better than Rolls, Maybach, and even the S Class. With the seven speed transmission, it not only is fast (5.5 sec. to 60; 155 top speed) but gets decent gas mileage (20-25 mpg) for a 4,000 lb. luxury sedan.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, interior design, performance, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

For me, this is the nearly perfect car and that's only because everything can be improved. But, when it comes to this car, I can't think of anything!

Jaguar NO...Mercedes... YES
By Mercedes Guy

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After being a Jaguar guy for over 10 years, It was time to move up the ladder to something better. I have been driving XJR's, and most recently the 2005 Super V8. And to the discredit of Jaguar, and the Service departments...I have moved on, and it has been to a better place. Mercedes Benz CLS 500. What a nice little rocket. Looks good on the street.I thought it was a car that stickered for well over $100,000 when I first saw it. Again, was I surprised. The interior is tight, and the seats are comfortable. The size is great for me, as an average size man, it fits me perfect. I couldn't imagine being over 6'3" and trying to slink into it. This car in black makes you want more. Yummy!

Favorite Features

The CD player in the dash is outstanding. The sleekness of the roof line and the short door arches are terrific. The wrap around front lights are the most distinctive and unusual on the street. They know you have class when you are seen in this car from the front or the rear.

Suggested Improvements

Heated Steering wheel should be standard with heated seats. Bluetooth should be offered. And Sirrus radio parts should be in stock when the car is ordered, not having to wait up to 3 months for the part to be installed. But it is one fine car!