2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:
Love my car
By gigi farrell on 10/24/05 19:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love everything about this car ...except the location of the cup holder....that is just in the wrong place. But everything else is so great I can forgivr that..The pick up is fantastic, it is comfortable. It just feels good....and the attention it recieves doesn't hurt either.

Best car for the money
By Tim Bullis on 10/05/05 14:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I go through new cars every 6 months; this car might end up being my last one for a long time. I enjoy driving this more than all the other high end cars Ive ever owned. I just recently traded an 05 BMW M3 conv for this and Im thrilled I did. It has more guts than I expected and drives better than any other car I've owned. (except for my BMW 745IL which was delclared a lemon) had that for 3 months. I get so many compliments on the style of this car its unbelievable. Nothing else looks like it and Mercedes didnt duplicate it and make copies of different versions to beef up their sales like other manufactures did. The interior is tight for a larger person but being 5'8" its perfect!

Numerous Problems!
By Mica on 10/02/05 20:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have had my CLS500 w/ AMG sport package, keyless go, satellite radio etc. for going on 8 months and it has been in the shop numerous times already. On average, once every 2 weeks and one time for more than a week.

Wanna turn heads?
By FelixNYC on 09/20/05 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This car is SEXY , like an Italian car built by Germans. It looks fantastic, it goes like hell, seats four people perfectly (unless all you friends are in the NBA). The engine noise is sweet, the dynamic seats are a trip - heat, cool, massage AND inflating side bolsters to keep you in tight. Everyone stares and gives a thumbs up. The AMG version is worth extra money, the feeling you get when you blast down a highway is pure exhilaration. I traded in an Infiniti FX45 (a pretty quick SUV in its own right) for this baby and I never looked back.

Best looking car on the road today
By RJ in St. Louis on 09/19/05 20:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car drives as great as it looks. Without a doubt, the finest looking car on the road today. It turns heads everywhere I go. As a long-time BMW driver, it took me awhile to get used to very touchy brakes and Mercedes handling, softer than I like from years of BMW driving. The CLS smokes the LS430's performance, and when it comes to styling, the Lexus has no business in the same sentence as the CLS. First time I've bought a car with keyless go- a great option, as is the satellite radio. Given the small windows, I'd recommend Parktronic as well.

Love it!!
By eric egolf on 09/15/05 14:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I love it!! A little tight in the back seat, yet I'm never there. Performance is excellent as well as handling. If you buy one, get used to cars stopping to take a photo with their cell phone cameras. I would highly recommend this car.

New CLS 500
By Cliff McGahee on 09/14/05 20:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Have only had the car less than a week, but it is beautiful, silky smoothe, and couldn't be more satisfied. Silver, with dark red interior and most of the add-ons - no keyless go. Not one thing wrong with it - no adjustments needed.

Only 4 passenger sports car!
By doublet on 08/29/05 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I traded my S500 for this car. I traded my Jaguar XKR for a SL500. The CLS55 is faster than my XKR and holds two adults in the back seat. The trunk is enormous. This is my daily driver. I love the sound, steering feel, power and look. Unbelievable to have something this cool and this practical. I am a senior and this is our sedan.

Lexus Vs. CLS 500
By MK on 08/17/05 10:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Pros: Head turner, good handling Cons: Quality of Lexus (LS430) far exceeds than this one. Poor controls' interface, Very bad service by Mercedes. A bit uncomfortable for longer drives.

Great all around car
By Scott Price on 08/16/05 11:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have owned my CLS55 for four months. I had very high expectations for this car having owned other higher end high performance vehicles. The car has surpassed all of my expectations. I am 6'1" and don't have any problem getting in or out of the vehicle which I read might be a problem. I have sat in the back seat for extented periods of time and found it very comfortable. The performance on the car is amazing. The dash layout is extremely functional. The trunk is large. This is the ultimate family of four car. My wife who historically has had no interest in cars but has owned Range Rovers, 7 series Bimmers, M Bimmers and a CLK Cab. absolutely loves every aspect of this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.