Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz Cls-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

Best Ever
By caldwell-taylor trus

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

First foreign car owned. Vehicle exceded all my expectations. Previous ownership 15 Lincolns. Transmission very smooth. Acceleration what anyone would hope for. Design was strongest reason for buying.

Favorite Features

Seven speed transmission. Quiet, powerful engine, very quiet ride

Suggested Improvements

Include basic warranty similar to BMW

I've Had Issues
By PPilot

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car but unfortunately I have had issues. The check engine light came on and took 3 trips to the dealer to fix. The steering column angle sensor went bad and had to be replaced and most distressing (the new 7-speed transmission) a clunkly downshift from 3-2 when coming to a stop. The dealer fixed this but 2,000 miles later it is back. Of course everyone knows how it is impossible to come to a smooth stop with those electric brakes. It kills me because I love the car.

Favorite Features

Looks, looks and looks!

Suggested Improvements

More interior storage would be nice.

A Truly Dream Car
By Donald Ray

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

From the first day I took delivery, this car turns heads wherever I go. It has style and grace and is a true joy to drive. Worth every penny of the price. I have had three Mercedes in the past (450 SL, 300 D, 380SE) and this one is the best. It is a 4 door sports car. Handles better than my former C5 Corvette.

Favorite Features

Responsive driving feel and unbelievable sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Slight raise in headroom in rear. Better telephone system and selection of XM radio as an option.

CLS- best car I have ever owned.
By smile28

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

But also the priciest. I got the AMG package with the SL65 wheels and design package. Piano black interior dash with white seats. I paid a pretty penny for this car, but love it. For the money, I could have gotten a S550 with AMG package/ panoramic roof, but this car is more exclusive and so much prettier. perhaps I should have opted for the IWC version.

Favorite Features

Neck cracking looks, power and interior with piano black dash. keyless go, upgraded stereo system, large trunk. ride is adjustable at sport mode giving more road feel.

Suggested Improvements

Panoramic roof (will not happen); gas mileage 9mpg city; navi(can they use a 3D interface with a larger screen with your choice of male or female voices???); retractable side mirrors for tight garages; bluetooth is archiac, the japanese cars can use any phone with bluetooth without a cradle.

New 2007 550 CLS
By Brian

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have ordered the new 550 CLS for August delivery. The 550 engine is expected to put out about 400 horse power against the existing 500 CLS's 302hp. the electric brakes have been scrapped in favor of the old style hydraulics.

Favorite Features

Body style and new 400 horse power engine.

Suggested Improvements

None