2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:
JWW Review
By Jack on 06/03/06 09:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I really like the exterior design. My wife likes a coupe but I like a sedan. When I first saw this car I knew it was just the answer to our needs. She loves the design too. It drives like "silk", smooth and quick.

My CLS
By Jeff on 05/26/06 12:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Mercedes has really created yet another piece of art with this machine. Not only does it look good, but handles like a charm and is very comfortable to drive. This car is also very well built. Not the usual creeks and rattles you can sometimes experience with a new car. This one stays solid and rides very smooth. One of the other great things is all the bells and wistles. There's a button for eveything.

Best Ever
By caldwell-taylor trus on 05/21/06 23:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

First foreign car owned. Vehicle exceded all my expectations. Previous ownership 15 Lincolns. Transmission very smooth. Acceleration what anyone would hope for. Design was strongest reason for buying.

I've Had Issues
By PPilot on 05/21/06 16:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car but unfortunately I have had issues. The check engine light came on and took 3 trips to the dealer to fix. The steering column angle sensor went bad and had to be replaced and most distressing (the new 7-speed transmission) a clunkly downshift from 3-2 when coming to a stop. The dealer fixed this but 2,000 miles later it is back. Of course everyone knows how it is impossible to come to a smooth stop with those electric brakes. It kills me because I love the car.

A Truly Dream Car
By Donald Ray on 05/03/06 20:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

From the first day I took delivery, this car turns heads wherever I go. It has style and grace and is a true joy to drive. Worth every penny of the price. I have had three Mercedes in the past (450 SL, 300 D, 380SE) and this one is the best. It is a 4 door sports car. Handles better than my former C5 Corvette.

New 2007 550 CLS
By Brian on 04/12/06 18:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have ordered the new 550 CLS for August delivery. The 550 engine is expected to put out about 400 horse power against the existing 500 CLS's 302hp. the electric brakes have been scrapped in favor of the old style hydraulics.

It's a Sexy Beast!
By TeddySilva on 03/29/06 14:14 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned my CLS500 only 3 months and love every minute I am inside of it. It drives like the smooth flow of the wind and feels like it too. Had 2 BMW525's before including the recent 2004 newbody style it was just a great drive. But CLS500 is a awesome car.

A Real Beauty on Wheels
By P Vaughn on 03/21/06 22:01 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Had a few minor kinks, but they were taken care very well by my dealership. Fun, a great ride and is a very beautiful car. Awesome handling. At first the dash was a little bit intimidating but I got use to it and is really very well thought out. Back seat is a little too small,oh well... I recomend the rubber floor mats for the winter which helps w/ my black on black interior.

A Classic, Superb in every way
By Jimbo on 03/16/06 16:15 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

One need not wonder about the importance of this car to Mercedes and to the rest of the automobile world. Porsche is building a competitor as is Aston-Martin. All new Mercedes sedan pay homage to the style of this car. It is simply the best looking sedan on the road, inside and out. That is why Top Gear, an British automotive magazine recently picked it the best luxury car of 2006... better than Rolls, Maybach, and even the S Class. With the seven speed transmission, it not only is fast (5.5 sec. to 60; 155 top speed) but gets decent gas mileage (20-25 mpg) for a 4,000 lb. luxury sedan.

Jaguar NO...Mercedes... YES
By Mercedes Guy on 02/10/06 00:46 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After being a Jaguar guy for over 10 years, It was time to move up the ladder to something better. I have been driving XJR's, and most recently the 2005 Super V8. And to the discredit of Jaguar, and the Service departments...I have moved on, and it has been to a better place. Mercedes Benz CLS 500. What a nice little rocket. Looks good on the street.I thought it was a car that stickered for well over $100,000 when I first saw it. Again, was I surprised. The interior is tight, and the seats are comfortable. The size is great for me, as an average size man, it fits me perfect. I couldn't imagine being over 6'3" and trying to slink into it. This car in black makes you want more. Yummy!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.