Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz Cls-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:

This is it
By SUSAN KNOWS

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I am a car person. That is what I do for a living, that is what I wake up in the morning for, to deal with vehicles. This car was well researched before the purchase. and yes there is no absolute when purchasing such a type of vehicle. They will have weak points and strengths. This vehicle has very few weak ones. It is simply fabulous. I am proud to own one. I am not new to the Mercedes scene and I know they are built to last but It is nice when they look good and have the functionality in one package. Whenever I get in the car which is a kidless car by the way, I turn into another mode. I block out all other things and set myself free. be careful you will be tested, be strong!

Favorite Features

Body style-sleek and tight not too big not too little. I am short and the car meets every need-Love the smart garage programming-car handling controls-menu database. Love my trunk space I actually use this as oppose to my suv to get groceries...crazy

Suggested Improvements

Has a blind spot on the A pillar be careful.

Nice looking but mechanical issues
By Don Bowzer

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car looks great and is fun to drive, but spends way too much time in the shop. Had several major mechanical problems including complete transmission replacement and complete cooling system replacement, plus many ongoing and nagging electronic problems. Love car but can't afford repairs.

Favorite Features

Looks great and drives nice.

Suggested Improvements

Mechanical disaster

It has grown on me.
By R House

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is my 3rd Benz and I must admit that I was totally spoiled by my previous model, a 2001 CL 600. I still get goose bumps of it's awesome power and drive ability; however, it became a mechanical and reliability nightmare. When I first saw a CLS, I was struck by beauty and for me, it's understated elegance. When I decided to buy, at the beginning of 2009, looked at quite a few and drove a few, but I just could not, or was not ready, to go there. Everything in it's owm time and I spotted this beauty and I knew it was the one-black with cream interior and flawless kept, approximately 30,000, and showroom condition. After 6 months and approximately 4,000 miles there has not been one glitch.

Favorite Features

The styling get approving stares everywhere I go. I'm 6'2" and 235lbs so getting in the drivers seat took some getting used too, but once in, it fits like a glove. I particularly like the access to all of the climate controls, radio and CD player. I'm retired, and 98% of the time I'm alone, great

Suggested Improvements

As with my previous Benzs' the navigational system is a nightmare. To my mind Lexus does so much better, but then, Lexus is not a Benz. Getting golf bag and minimal luggage in the trunk reqires some imaginative work, the CL 600 was wide open and inviting. Side view requires constant vigilance.

Great 2nd owner car
By J Hood

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased this car as a certified preowned car with 24000 miles on it. I have read other owners concerns which I assume have all been addressed during the initial ownership. I have had a fantastic experience with an essentially brand new car for the past 4 mos. Definitely a driver's dream but a pleasure to travel in for 3 other passengers. Slightly challenging to get in and out of but a pleasure to own.

Favorite Features

The sound of the engine and the feel of being pushed into the back of the seat when you leave the stop light. Scheduled maintenance every 15000 miles.

3 Irritating Things, but I Love the Car
By Hoot

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Sedan CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Side mirrors are tiny- very difficult to see. Ride is too mushy even on sport mode setting. Glare on interior windshield on passenger side from wood trim is distracting. I plan to keep the car for 5 years. Found out that I cannot obtain an extended warranty since i am not the original owner. So now AAA gets my business and I can take it to the M-B dealer. Wake up Daimler! If you're over 6' you sit in the front seats- in the rear seat your head touches the roof- believe me. The 2010 version looks more aggressive so after 5 years I'll get one at less than half cost. This car depreciates 50% in less than 3 years!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors- make them bigger. Increase headroom in rear