2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

CLS55 AMG 5.4L V8 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )
My CLS 55 AMG...I Love It!
By John F on 03/14/07 18:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Everything so far is awesome. More than expected. Very responsive. Forceful power. I feel safe in this car. Love it!

CLS55 is the bomb!
By Brian on 02/28/07 10:55 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is a great car! Styling is beautiful and the performance is outstanding. I had an '03 Viper prior and this car is very close in performance and much better in size, comfort, and driveability. This is the best 4 door I've owned.

CLS 55
By Postman on 01/20/07 14:36 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The car is unbelievable. I have driven Aston Martins, Porsches and many other sports cars before this one and this is second to none of them. The trunk is large for golf clubs and luggage so you can actually drive this car out of town, what a novel idea. The power is tremendous and the CLS handles very well compared to all the other mercedes available.

CLS- best car I have ever owned.
By smile28 on 04/19/06 01:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

But also the priciest. I got the AMG package with the SL65 wheels and design package. Piano black interior dash with white seats. I paid a pretty penny for this car, but love it. For the money, I could have gotten a S550 with AMG package/ panoramic roof, but this car is more exclusive and so much prettier. perhaps I should have opted for the IWC version.

CLS55 AMG
By CLS55 AMG on 02/03/06 12:15 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Mercedes hit a bulls eye with this car. It is a user-friendly "bad boy" It's fun to drive an never lets you forget that you are in an amazing blend of raw power and forgiving, state of the art engineering.

Best of the Best
By MarkB on 01/15/06 09:22 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is the best car ever sold to the masses. The exterior styling is what an auto should be. It is not like those cookie cutter automobiles that we see on the road. The handling is superb and the aceleration is outstanding. The dynamic seats makes driving long distances more comfortable. This is the type of car Detroit should try to make.

Can I be Dreaming ?
By jjm on 01/09/06 03:45 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I've had my CLS-55 for three months now. Prior to it I drove an E-55 for five years. The new supercharged CLS- 55 engine with tighter suspension is a superior ride to the E-55. The Harmon Kardon stereo system is OK, but not the best. The manual shift mechanism on the steering column makes city driving a blast again. I must say that everytime I get in this car, it puts me in another world allowing me to temporarily believe that its also Camelot on the outside. The combination of horsepower/torque on this car is what makes it so fun to be in. When I first got it, I was constantly going for the brakes because I was approaching the vehicle in front quicker than anticipated. C'est la vie !!

What a car
By sam on 01/07/06 13:24 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I had never driven such a car before. Head turning, excellent handling, powerful, beatiful, classy, easy to drive. I own several other cars among them a Ferrari 360 spider. No comparison between these two cars. The Mercedes is much more powerful and easier to drive. What a beast!

The Perfect SedanSports Car
By John Greer on 11/07/05 22:27 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Standard of excelence that exceeds all expectations of comfort, design, and performance. It's muscle car performance will make a "hole" in the wind.

Wanna turn heads?
By FelixNYC on 09/20/05 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS55 AMG CLS55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This car is SEXY , like an Italian car built by Germans. It looks fantastic, it goes like hell, seats four people perfectly (unless all you friends are in the NBA). The engine noise is sweet, the dynamic seats are a trip - heat, cool, massage AND inflating side bolsters to keep you in tight. Everyone stares and gives a thumbs up. The AMG version is worth extra money, the feeling you get when you blast down a highway is pure exhilaration. I traded in an Infiniti FX45 (a pretty quick SUV in its own right) for this baby and I never looked back.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.