2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLS-Class model:
This is it
By SUSAN KNOWS on 12/11/09 15:19 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I am a car person. That is what I do for a living, that is what I wake up in the morning for, to deal with vehicles. This car was well researched before the purchase. and yes there is no absolute when purchasing such a type of vehicle. They will have weak points and strengths. This vehicle has very few weak ones. It is simply fabulous. I am proud to own one. I am not new to the Mercedes scene and I know they are built to last but It is nice when they look good and have the functionality in one package. Whenever I get in the car which is a kidless car by the way, I turn into another mode. I block out all other things and set myself free. be careful you will be tested, be strong!

It has grown on me.
By R House on 11/21/09 14:35 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is my 3rd Benz and I must admit that I was totally spoiled by my previous model, a 2001 CL 600. I still get goose bumps of it's awesome power and drive ability; however, it became a mechanical and reliability nightmare. When I first saw a CLS, I was struck by beauty and for me, it's understated elegance. When I decided to buy, at the beginning of 2009, looked at quite a few and drove a few, but I just could not, or was not ready, to go there. Everything in it's owm time and I spotted this beauty and I knew it was the one-black with cream interior and flawless kept, approximately 30,000, and showroom condition. After 6 months and approximately 4,000 miles there has not been one glitch.

Skin deep beauty
By jp_BucksCo_pa on 05/25/09 07:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Facts: Shop service average is every six weeks since purchase. Repeat problems = air bag, trunk open/close harness, radio, suspension, wheels & tires, pressure sensor, brake pad sensor, windows. While many under warranty, the fun this car is to drive has been ruined by poor construction, unreliability, giving up almost a day a month to repairs. Dealer offers no solution despite complaints, though loaner (other make) is always available. After only 4 years, window seals and interior chrome are failing. My 7 YO F-150 has held up better. Too bad. Car looks and drives great, but car is a family joke. We leave it home for long trips never knowing when "Drive To Shop" light will come on mid-trip.

Great 2nd owner car
By J Hood on 05/05/09 17:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased this car as a certified preowned car with 24000 miles on it. I have read other owners concerns which I assume have all been addressed during the initial ownership. I have had a fantastic experience with an essentially brand new car for the past 4 mos. Definitely a driver's dream but a pleasure to travel in for 3 other passengers. Slightly challenging to get in and out of but a pleasure to own.

3 Irritating Things, but I Love the Car
By Hoot on 02/15/09 12:16 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Side mirrors are tiny- very difficult to see. Ride is too mushy even on sport mode setting. Glare on interior windshield on passenger side from wood trim is distracting. I plan to keep the car for 5 years. Found out that I cannot obtain an extended warranty since i am not the original owner. So now AAA gets my business and I can take it to the M-B dealer. Wake up Daimler! If you're over 6' you sit in the front seats- in the rear seat your head touches the roof- believe me. The 2010 version looks more aggressive so after 5 years I'll get one at less than half cost. This car depreciates 50% in less than 3 years!

Owner CLS 500
By Mike on 01/19/09 18:33 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Great car fun to drive, eats mountain roads. This is one of kind car that must be driven. Long trips are not a problem, it is easy to drive and plenty of truck space for those long weekends.

Nice at first, but...
By BP on 11/04/08 15:39 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Bought this car new in 2006. Was torn between the 650 BMW and the CLS500. Both seemed to purr but thought I would go for the lesser horsepower but try for the Mercedes badge. Test drove each for a weekend, and found the BMW to be more appealing, faster, and over all a better head turner, but thought the MB was a better buy. Let's just say I had the Mercedes for 2 months and traded it for the BMW 650. The MB sqeaked, knobs cracked, just poor quaility I missed all this at the begining during my test drives. I guess if I wanted a Chrysler product, I should have bought a Chrysler. Never again. I learned my lesson on this one. Maybe once they stop sharing parts on $20,000 Crossfires, I may be back

Nice looking but mechanical issues
By Don Bowzer on 10/12/08 10:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car looks great and is fun to drive, but spends way too much time in the shop. Had several major mechanical problems including complete transmission replacement and complete cooling system replacement, plus many ongoing and nagging electronic problems. Love car but can't afford repairs.

So Disappointed
By C Kelly on 08/07/08 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I fell in love with this car the minute I walked into the Mercedes showroom. I was planning on purchasing a BMW 6 series, but was persuaded by the sheer breathtaking beauty of the CLS. Worst decision of my life. The wheels have had to be repaired 6 times due to "potholes" per Mercedes. The problem is in the suspension, which cannot even handle a small bump in the road. I have had to replace the tires at 7000 miles due to "potholes" per Mercedes. Purchasing this car is like dating the prom queen, which is exhilirating in the beginning, but soon you realize she will only drain your pocketbook. Do not buy this car.

3 and a half years later
By joesander on 02/27/08 06:58 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class CLS500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this car just after the announcement of the new CLS series and the day it hit the showroom floor. I had my heart set on a BMW 600 series and switched at the last minute. It was love at first sight. Now the lease is expiring and I have to decide what to do. After lots of research I have concluded there is no better car in the market than the one I have in my driveway right now. I would love to trade for something new but for now I am sticking with my still showroom new looking CLS500.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.