Grand Touring at a fair price
By Dan on
2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)
I've had the car for almost two months now. This is my second Mercedes and I'm even more pleased with this car than i was my first (which was an E-class wagon). My car is steel gray/ stone, has the P3 package, the AMG appearance package, the huge wheels & AMG rims, and the sport-tuned suspension. It handles like a grand tourer and has the typical ride of a Benz, far smoother than most convertibles. I must say, this style has aged gracefully. Even after being around since 2004, the CLK cabrio looks clean and fresh. (Audi A5 looks more handsome, but this car has the better interior, MUCH better motor, and the better price). It's a great CPO deal. Better value than Audi A5 or BMW 6-series
Favorite Features
The engine is tops. Has GOBS of torque and power, ive personally timed 0-60 in 4.7sec. (that is Maserati Gran Turismo and Aston Martin DB9 territory!) I also enjoy the host of accommodations included in the P3 package. Car is basically loaded. the little seat belt presenters are neat too :)
Suggested Improvements
Reason i rated build quality 9 instead of 10 was due to very cheap and plastic-feeling grill. While washing the car, i almost cracked it in half. Also, bluetooth isn't as up-to-date as newer rivals like 3-series and A5, but that's understandable.