Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Simply Gorgeous!
By sqrl18

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I knew noting about this car, but fell in love with it instantly. The color is steel blue gray with stone interior. We didn't tint the windows, which kept it looking simply beautiful. Drove like a dream, but MB service was somewhat disappointing compared to other cars we've had. Two pet peeves: cup holder design is stupid and it was almost impossible to keep the 'kick area' on the lower doors clean. Other than that, we loved this car. Sadly the car was totaled after 6 mo (someone ran a red light). We're heartbroken, but excellent safety design allowed us to walk away with only a slight sore neck that night. How do you value that? This car was priceless.

No support bar gives a unique look when the windows are down. Safety cage design.

Needed grab handles on the front roof support. Satellite radio dropped more than worked. Bottom fabric is hard to clean. Cup handle design.

Nothing but fun
By DCM

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Previous cars: Audi's A4/6, Porsche Boxster S. I purchased a "Grand Edition" CLK 350 ,only 400 coupes imported. I wont see one on every corner. Grand comes with a host of sport items; suspension, 18 AMG wheels, Contisports 35/45, aero bodywork. It is set up more towards a sport tourer. I really liked the firm ride. not harsh though. It is much more of a drivers car than the audi's and the interiors are very close in design and build quality. I have to say what really sold me were the looks. This is the last year for the CLK and quite frankly I do not like the new C/E classes. The interior is very well appointed. The grand has the chocolate with cream stitching.B MB logo on the brakes!

The V6 is very smooth and produces ample power. Paired with the 7 Speed transmission with comfort/sport it is a lot of fun to drive. Not as tossable as a Porsche but a lot more comfortable to drive. The seats are perfectly bolstered the leather is wonderfully done. HK-7 stereo beats M. Levinso

No B-Pillar so it tends flex a little. Most convertibles do (livable). The brakes are a bit touchy hard to modulate. Tach needs to be be bigger. Upshifts in 1&2 are a little slow. Not quite confident of high speeds. Needs Renntech chip ups 290hp and removes speed limiter. Personal Best is 170mph

First One
By JWS

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife and I recently purchased this car after looking at BMW, Lexus and Audi. This is our first Mercedes (having owned the previously listed three). Frankly, I was a little apprehensive given Mercedes' quality control issues in the 1990's. After driving the car for over one month now, I am completely satisfied with every aspect of the CLK 350. The car is beautiful, is comfortable to drive and the fit and finish is outstanding. The back seat is surprisingly roomy for a two door. I owned the BMW 328i and I can tell you that this car handles and rides much better (I have the P90 Appearance Pkg. with the Sport Suspension).

Power-telescoping steering wheel, Bluetooth, 10 way power adjusting seats, Fold down rear seats, Exterior styling, Handling.

The Continental tires are a little noisy. There are better tires around. I-pod integration could be better. I can't get mine to play properly.

Going to Miss CLK styling
By EmeraldCoast1092

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third Mercedes-Benz CLK, nothing but fun to drive much better than any of my BMW's. Easy of convertible top functions, remote control, good sound system, great on the highway miles per gallon for Florida, very easy with maintenance services schedules and looking for a new 2010 when lease expires. Much better beverage holders now and the bluetooth phone function is great. !

Sound system, hands free phone system, easy of putting top up and down from the out side, good security system when car is locked and the top is down.

Ok with me this is my third MB can't wait for the 2010's to arrive. May go with a E350 this time.

Anniversary present
By Melissa

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

A very well designed and quality built vehicle. I have had many cars, Honda's, Nissan's, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti's, and even an '02 Benz (honestly, we did not have a good experience, I was a little tentative to try again), this one thus far is proving to be number 1. The 5.5L V8 power in a vehicle it's size is a lot of fun, the growl from the engine is impressive, you almost can't help but lead foot the gas pedal, because it is so smooth, very easy to drive. The weight and power combination of the vehicle is a true testament to Mercedes Benz engineering.

Excellent driving and smooth acceleration. 5.5L V8 power. no pillars between windows, gives an open air feel.

Front seats could use bolstering on sides to give sport seat feel.