2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Very happy CLK 350 cabriolet owner
By ellefritz on 01/01/13 11:40 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first MB and I'm in love; in fairness I've owned mostly Toyotas and Hondas so it's my first luxury ride but I'm very impressed. After 6 months I've had no mechanical issues (though my miles are very low). It looks great standing still and very very fun to drive. Wasn't sure how much I'd use the convertible but I use it all the time, especially with the heated seats. I mostly drive in the city but am getting about 20 mpg combined city/highway.

Grand Touring at a fair price
By Dan on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I've had the car for almost two months now. This is my second Mercedes and I'm even more pleased with this car than i was my first (which was an E-class wagon). My car is steel gray/ stone, has the P3 package, the AMG appearance package, the huge wheels & AMG rims, and the sport-tuned suspension. It handles like a grand tourer and has the typical ride of a Benz, far smoother than most convertibles. I must say, this style has aged gracefully. Even after being around since 2004, the CLK cabrio looks clean and fresh. (Audi A5 looks more handsome, but this car has the better interior, MUCH better motor, and the better price). It's a great CPO deal. Better value than Audi A5 or BMW 6-series

Outstanding in every regard.
By Joe Blake on 02/11/10 09:16 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first offshore vehicle. As far as I am concerned, this car is in a class by itself. It was a said day when I passed the Cadillac and Lincoln dealerships realizing there was not a car in there for me. As expensive as it is, this car blows away the Jag XK8 which is almost twice the price. And as far as a BMW 335 comparison, I have yet to find anyone who has been in my car that agrees the 335 belongs in the trash can when compared to the CLK. Unfortunately, the 2010 E350 convertible replacement of this CLK model looks harsh, like the design was forced onto the car. And the price is another $12k. Get a CLK while they are still available.

My first MB and Boy I love it !
By jigs on 01/07/10 12:51 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have owned fully loaded Acuras (TL and MDX), so not new to luxury features, but Boy Benz is a Benz. The drive, the zip, the styling, etc. - a class apart. One look at the BMW interiors and this baby and you will know what I am saying. And of-course the exterior is a killer which no other brand can compete. Just wish the tail portion was slightly lowered and the looks would have been perfect. A little disappointed with few standard luxury features missing in a car with this price tag - Rear camera/Park Assist, No Aux input, No ipod interface on the 7" NAVI/Audio screen. Bluetooth requires an external adapter which needs to be snapped on... other than that, love the car !

Back into a Mercedes again
By Bru on 10/08/09 06:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Our last Mercedes was a 1996 C280 which we drove for 13 years, which was replaced by an Acura TSX. After seeing this beauty at the M-B dealer next door to Acura, three days later we traded in our '06 BMW 330ci convertible. After 6 months, we are very happy with the car overall, although in times where so much economic news is bad, you definitely feel the expense of owning a Mercedes. So far, three trips to the repair garage for minor glitches. First service appt. is $238 vs. $59 paid for our first Acura service. This car gets a ton of attention and compliments.

Last of the Hand-Built Mercedes Cabrios
By ESF on 08/31/09 20:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The 2009 CLK 550A, (Cabriolet), is among the finest sports cars/crusers of its type. The 6 year run has truly perfected the designs performance and comfort to an unparalleled level in its class. Crafted largely with non- robotics,(i.e.,by hand), the CLK 550A, (Cabriolet),is a driving enthusiasts pleasure to drive and a passenger's pleasure to sit in, as it renders a cruiser like ride, even at speed. Though not spacious, even the rear seats are comfortable and very usable for two average size adults. Due to its driving characteristics and classic, non-faddish looks, the CLK 550A will be missed when replaced late in 2010 by the redesigned E class Cabrio. Newer design is not always better design.

Awesome car!
By Chris on 06/22/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Best car yet! This is my 3rd convertible, but 1st Mercedes.

Great car and fun to drive
By Bob on 04/28/09 21:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded up from the SLK 280 for the CLK 350. Does not have the same handling as its baby brother, but the advantages far outweigh this fact. Very comfortable interior and leather seats are very comfortable. The model I have does not have park assist, but I would recommend this option. Looking out the back window it is tough to determine where the car ends. I have the older navigation system which is not easy to use, but the newer models I believe now come with the upgraded voice system. Quiet and very smooth ride. Plenty of acceleration when you need it. I am averaging about 19 mpg combined city and highway, about what Mercedes advertises. HK sound system is great. Nice instrument panel.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible in VA is:

$142 per month*