Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

2009 CLK350 Convertible, 120K Miles, As New
By Joe Blake

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

In January, 2010 I purchased this NEW 2009 CLK350 with 96 miles at a 40% discount from the stickers retail price. The dealers in Southern California each had 10 or so of these on their lots, the new E350's were on the way. So the dealer was very motivated to move these cars. To this day, I do not understand why these are so difficult to sell. Compared to a Jaguar or a BMW, these are much less expensive, much more reliable, and certainly as attractive if not more so. In fact, I get many more comments today(Aug 2016) than I did originally. The oil changes($225) are expensive, as are other maintenance items. Over the course of 6 years $5000 in maintenance(Oil, Tires, Brakes, Fluid Changes(all except transmission).....but then again the car is driven 20k miles per year and tires/brakes would have to bought for any car. The car drives, accelerates and for a convertible, is as solid as new. No squeaking, no body flex, no air leakage. If I could buy another one with 20k miles on it, I would jump at the opportunity. In the meantime, I will run mine into the ground.

Very happy CLK 350 cabriolet owner
By ellefritz

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first MB and I'm in love; in fairness I've owned mostly Toyotas and Hondas so it's my first luxury ride but I'm very impressed.
After 6 months I've had no mechanical issues (though my miles are very low).
It looks great standing still and very very fun to drive.
Wasn't sure how much I'd use the convertible but I use it all the time, especially with the heated seats.
I mostly drive in the city but am getting about 20 mpg combined city/highway.

The ride and handling are awesome; it's quiet (even my cabriolet), smooth, responsive. I love that I can manually shift the automatic from the shifter. Audio is plenty strong enough for my tastes. The array of features is great. Visibility seems very good for me, esp for a cabriolet. Looks and styling have held up well; I have a 2009 and for me the styling still holds up as classy and sporty.

The nav system is definitely out of date and suffers from the joystick navigation and poor interface in general - I've all but given up on using it. The iPod interface is quirky; songs show up on the dash display rather than the radio, and you use the steering wheel controls to operate it. The two cup holders in the front and none in the rear are minimalistic. The driver's side mirror could cant out a bit further for me (I'm tall and drive with the seat fully back), but haven't had blind spot issues really.

Outstanding in every regard.
By Joe Blake

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first offshore vehicle. As far as I am concerned, this car is in a class by itself. It was a said day when I passed the Cadillac and Lincoln dealerships realizing there was not a car in there for me. As expensive as it is, this car blows away the Jag XK8 which is almost twice the price. And as far as a BMW 335 comparison, I have yet to find anyone who has been in my car that agrees the 335 belongs in the trash can when compared to the CLK. Unfortunately, the 2010 E350 convertible replacement of this CLK model looks harsh, like the design was forced onto the car. And the price is another $12k. Get a CLK while they are still available.

In Dash/Speedometer Navigation displays the direction you are traveling and the street you are on as well as the temp! And the wood/leather combo on the steering wheel is to die for, as well as the leather accents on the doors.

Get rid of the plastic engine cover and show off the power plant.

My first MB and Boy I love it !
By jigs

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have owned fully loaded Acuras (TL and MDX), so not new to luxury features, but Boy Benz is a Benz. The drive, the zip, the styling, etc. - a class apart. One look at the BMW interiors and this baby and you will know what I am saying. And of-course the exterior is a killer which no other brand can compete. Just wish the tail portion was slightly lowered and the looks would have been perfect. A little disappointed with few standard luxury features missing in a car with this price tag - Rear camera/Park Assist, No Aux input, No ipod interface on the 7" NAVI/Audio screen. Bluetooth requires an external adapter which needs to be snapped on... other than that, love the car !

Front Grill and Lights - way better looking than the new 2010 E convertible. Quite, Smooth Ride and Tranny, Beautifully crafted Interiors with my Wood Steering Wheel. That is a must !

HK Logic7 audio can do with more deep Base - My Acura's Bose stereo was better. Integrated bluetooth and backup/rearview camera. Brighter Display.

Back into a Mercedes again
By Bru

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Our last Mercedes was a 1996 C280 which we drove for 13 years, which was replaced by an Acura TSX. After seeing this beauty at the M-B dealer next door to Acura, three days later we traded in our '06 BMW 330ci convertible. After 6 months, we are very happy with the car overall, although in times where so much economic news is bad, you definitely feel the expense of owning a Mercedes. So far, three trips to the repair garage for minor glitches. First service appt. is $238 vs. $59 paid for our first Acura service. This car gets a ton of attention and compliments.

Design, smooth drive feel, amazing automatic convertible roof, harmon kardon stereo, solid as a vault

Would be nice to have an aux usb port for mp3 player, front and rear tires should be the same size so they could be rotated to get more tire mileage