Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Lean mean machine
By Dr. Frank

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car is fun. Great performance. The power is there when you need it.The handling is great.The braking is great.Above all you feel safe in this car.I have no complaints about quality.It's all built in.I'm holding on to this one.It's the first of my future collection.

Favorite Features

Handling,sound system,safety and it does turn heads.

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes seat belt retraction fouls up. I cracked my speaker cover in the door because I closed the door and the buckle wedged between the seat and door. I don't know what can be done there but it needs attention.

CLK 350 Coupe
By PW

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great car, sound system is great, great acceleration. I'm glad the Premium package I for 2009 has bluetooth since I live in CA. Great improvement.

Favorite Features

Cupholders are better than in the BMW 328I, full seat pockets not netting, substantial seatbelt arms, memory seats for passenger, smooth ride, great leather quality, great styling, more passenger AC options.

Suggested Improvements

Touchscreen navigation system, ipod connector in the center console, better cornering, song name and artist on display, song info for ipod on display, tighter braking, control for moving front seats backwards/forwards next to seat lever on top.

2008 CLK550 Coupe
By JP

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just a great car! Performance is amazing, handling is excellent without sacrificing too much ride quality, and the brakes are phenomenal. I bought the car 4 months ago and am averaging 18mpg, pretty good for 5.5l V8. Bizarrely this is better mileage than I got from my 2005 C320. My only complaint is that sometimes the transmission gets confused, especially if flooring the throttle at around 20-25mph. There is a noticeable lag before things start happening. Also watch it in the rain, it will spin the rear tyres at 70mph under full acceleration.

Favorite Features

Performance & great looks.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission programming. On-board computer needs update.

Awesome
By MLP

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Having owned several performance Mercedes over the yrs including the SL series, the CLK 550 is proving to be the best road machine I have ever driven. Mechanics wedded to aesthetics.

Favorite Features

Responsiveness, looks, and fun

Suggested Improvements

Lock on glove box. There is no secure place in the cabin!

Step above the rest
By JOHN S.

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This coupe will turn you into a racecar driver.IT has the same engine as the S class with a fraction of the price.This car really has it all, from it's 8 cyinder engine to it's body sculpted desing that has AMG written all over it. When night arrives is when the fun begins. It's very spacious cabon has all the bells and whistels to make your drive extremely fun.Whether you are looking for nav, keyless go, heated seats this car has it all. I will have to agree with Mercedes Benz quote. In a perfect world everyone would own one. Moreover, not everyone is going to agree with me, but that is the people who does not own one. As having a great affinity for cars especially coupes this one has it all

Favorite Features

The speed and its spacious cabon. Most coupes are small inside, however, not this one.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. The car is already 10 years ahead of its time.