Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Benz is Best
By Mr Bill

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I've owned just about everything but truly exotic cars, i.e. Ferrari, Rolls, Bentley, Maserati, etc. This Benz, with the 5.5 liter engine, is one of the most powerful cars I've had. The styling appeals to women of taste and the performance appeals to anyone who likes gobs of horsepower, push you to the seat acceleration and so on. I believe this car will become a collector's edition over time. Mine is white, with light beige seats and a black top. At gas stations people almost always say, "What a beautiful car". There are more expensive convertibles, but few with the "wow factor" of this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Styling, power, handling, sound system, ride, build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Better Nav system. Lower maintenance costs. M-B dealers extract blood from you when it's service time.

CA Dream'in
By Rob4USC

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Although I was initially concerned about the mpg, that's become a non- issue. The performance, sound system and luxury is outstanding. The seating for four works, allowing the entire family to cruise PCH and enjoy the weather. Highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Speed, performance, speed, performance and sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Locking compartments. You can't use the trunk for everything.

A good mix of power and luxury
By K. Lee

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is a great car. I moved up from an Acura CL-S, so it was an upgrade on all fronts. The acceleration is silky smooth. For the most part, the engine is quiet but still can let out that great sounding growl when you really jam the pedal. There's no cooler sound than rolling through a short tunnel and hitting the gas just before the mouth It's like a sonic boom! Mine is fully loaded, with the P3 package and just about every option available. I think the P2 package is enough though, and you don't need silly options like the automatic trunk opener/closer.

Favorite Features

I would highly recommend getting the 550 over the 350. This stout engine is really worth it. Whether it's from a dead stop or already going 60 on the highway, you always have a ton of power in your back pocket whenever you need it. With its top down, the CLK has few rivals in terms of looks.

Suggested Improvements

I think the navigation system needs some work. My Acura's nav is much more intuitive and useful (and it's 8 years old). It needs to be a touch screen as entering addresses takes forever using a joystick. Sound system needs a little tweaking. I like my Acura's Bose better than the HK.