2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Poor reliability
By qualitypro on 10/09/13 15:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After owning a CLK-350 for 2 months, my average maintenance is $600 per month. Two manufacturing defects, beyond the warranty cost $600 each to fix. A noise from the A/C compressor clutch (bracket?) was repaited,Secondlt, a month later, the Tire Pressure warning came on. I reprressurized 4 times. Rgen the dash indicator turned red for tires. Next the dash said SRS malfunction. The dealer says wiring under the sets is defecrive and seats need to be removed, etc. This follows an experience with a 320E which was disastrous, window falling, etc. Last Mercedes.

Benz is Best
By Mr Bill on 07/29/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I've owned just about everything but truly exotic cars, i.e. Ferrari, Rolls, Bentley, Maserati, etc. This Benz, with the 5.5 liter engine, is one of the most powerful cars I've had. The styling appeals to women of taste and the performance appeals to anyone who likes gobs of horsepower, push you to the seat acceleration and so on. I believe this car will become a collector's edition over time. Mine is white, with light beige seats and a black top. At gas stations people almost always say, "What a beautiful car". There are more expensive convertibles, but few with the "wow factor" of this vehicle.

CA Dream'in
By Rob4USC on 10/27/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Although I was initially concerned about the mpg, that's become a non- issue. The performance, sound system and luxury is outstanding. The seating for four works, allowing the entire family to cruise PCH and enjoy the weather. Highly recommend this car.

First Convertible
By ECB on 05/16/08 09:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

First convertible and I love it! Really wanted a metal top, but wound up trading our 2005 E320 4-matic for the rag top at the dealership. Liked the SLK (metal top) but felt it was too selfish with only 2 seats, but have never used the back seats!

A good mix of power and luxury
By K. Lee on 04/29/08 14:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is a great car. I moved up from an Acura CL-S, so it was an upgrade on all fronts. The acceleration is silky smooth. For the most part, the engine is quiet but still can let out that great sounding growl when you really jam the pedal. There's no cooler sound than rolling through a short tunnel and hitting the gas just before the mouth It's like a sonic boom! Mine is fully loaded, with the P3 package and just about every option available. I think the P2 package is enough though, and you don't need silly options like the automatic trunk opener/closer.

Fantastic except for the bad paint job
By David Edwards on 01/21/08 18:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2007 SLK that I had purchased new in March of 2007. It was a nice car, but tight on space and not very comfortable. The CLK Cabriolet is fantastic. The seats are the most comfortable I have set in ... even better than our 2008 Lexus LS 460. The Harmon Kardon stereo is incredible. The ride is crisp yet smooth and it literally glides over the roads. Some of the speakers vibrated at first with any significant bass, but this seems to have subsided quite a bit. The Irridium Silver paint is beautiful in lower light or artificial light, but in sunlight, you see the problems with the metallic paint...looks like it was painted with a spray can. Moral, don't buy on a cloudy day.

Nice Convertible
By Joe S on 01/09/08 18:42 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My very first convertible and what a beauty! We actually had the opportunity to drive with top down in January during an unusual 70 degree day in New Jersey and it turned heads!

A Bargain for $60 K
By David E on 01/04/08 20:14 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had owned numerous BMWs and bought a new 2008 Lexus LS460 recently. I traded in a 2007 Mercedes SLK on this 2008 CLK to have more room and comfort. This car is so far ahead of the competition that its not even funny. The seats are amazingly comfortable. The top operation is flawless. The interior design and comfort exceptional. The Irridium Silver paint seems a bit splotchy in bright light. The ride quality is excellent. The handling is tight, much better than that of the SLK. I am very impressed with this car! A+++

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.