2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Bad compressor at less than 50,000
By cberk74 on 10/10/14 09:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My compressor has gone bad 49,582 miles. The car may be 6 yrs old but at that low mileage it should not have a compressor leak. It has been properly maintained at Mercedes dealerships and garage kept. I am the fourth owner. Had it for two years and average 10,000 a year in mileage. I have only had to visit the dealership twice for service and apparently do not have enough "loyalty" to get a decent repair rate on something that should not be broken. I spoke with the head of the Post Warranty at MBUSA and he spoke with my local service center. The best deal they could offer me was 15% off the $1500 repair bill. I am very disappointed in the quality of the car.

Poor reliability
By qualitypro on 10/09/13 15:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After owning a CLK-350 for 2 months, my average maintenance is $600 per month. Two manufacturing defects, beyond the warranty cost $600 each to fix. A noise from the A/C compressor clutch (bracket?) was repaited,Secondlt, a month later, the Tire Pressure warning came on. I reprressurized 4 times. Rgen the dash indicator turned red for tires. Next the dash said SRS malfunction. The dealer says wiring under the sets is defecrive and seats need to be removed, etc. This follows an experience with a 320E which was disastrous, window falling, etc. Last Mercedes.

Wow, it's a super car!!!!!
By gambler695 on 04/14/12 20:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK63 AMG 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

You need to own and drive this car. The clk 550 is very fast, the clk63amg is a beast, it's actually will frighten you with 475 hp and 465lbs of torque. I love it, and the engine sound especially top down makes you grin from ear to ear. It even has 4 useable seats and my twin daughters love riding in it. The diamond silver metallic color looks very unique and the car is a discreet head turner. Really no negatives to this car other than price and you get what you pay for with this car. It will be very rare because only 250 ever sent here. Highly recommended, best car by far I have ever owned!

Benz is Best
By Mr Bill on 07/29/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I've owned just about everything but truly exotic cars, i.e. Ferrari, Rolls, Bentley, Maserati, etc. This Benz, with the 5.5 liter engine, is one of the most powerful cars I've had. The styling appeals to women of taste and the performance appeals to anyone who likes gobs of horsepower, push you to the seat acceleration and so on. I believe this car will become a collector's edition over time. Mine is white, with light beige seats and a black top. At gas stations people almost always say, "What a beautiful car". There are more expensive convertibles, but few with the "wow factor" of this vehicle.

CA Dream'in
By Rob4USC on 10/27/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Although I was initially concerned about the mpg, that's become a non- issue. The performance, sound system and luxury is outstanding. The seating for four works, allowing the entire family to cruise PCH and enjoy the weather. Highly recommend this car.

Lean mean machine
By Dr. Frank on 04/01/09 07:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car is fun. Great performance. The power is there when you need it.The handling is great.The braking is great.Above all you feel safe in this car.I have no complaints about quality.It's all built in.I'm holding on to this one.It's the first of my future collection.

CLK 350 Coupe
By PW on 11/24/08 21:59 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great car, sound system is great, great acceleration. I'm glad the Premium package I for 2009 has bluetooth since I live in CA. Great improvement.

First Convertible
By ECB on 05/16/08 09:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

First convertible and I love it! Really wanted a metal top, but wound up trading our 2005 E320 4-matic for the rag top at the dealership. Liked the SLK (metal top) but felt it was too selfish with only 2 seats, but have never used the back seats!

2008 CLK550 Coupe
By JP on 05/15/08 13:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just a great car! Performance is amazing, handling is excellent without sacrificing too much ride quality, and the brakes are phenomenal. I bought the car 4 months ago and am averaging 18mpg, pretty good for 5.5l V8. Bizarrely this is better mileage than I got from my 2005 C320. My only complaint is that sometimes the transmission gets confused, especially if flooring the throttle at around 20-25mph. There is a noticeable lag before things start happening. Also watch it in the rain, it will spin the rear tyres at 70mph under full acceleration.

Awesome
By MLP on 05/06/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Having owned several performance Mercedes over the yrs including the SL series, the CLK 550 is proving to be the best road machine I have ever driven. Mechanics wedded to aesthetics.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.