2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Review: Very cool car, crummy seat

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Review

CLK350 Convertible (3.5L V6 7-speed Automatic)

Very cool car, crummy seat
By BarFly on

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

One of America's best looking cars! But beware the seat bolsters. I test drove this car a long time before buying. Thought the seats were wonderful because of that "tucked in" feeling. However, those bolsters pinch my back (I'm 5'11", 210 lbs). Painfully annoying and I bought this car for extended touring! Had a shop rebuild driver's seat - got some relief. I wish I had the 2010 E-Class seats with the adjustable bolsters. I mean, who drives a CLK hard enough to need aggresive bolsters? Having said all this, I love this car. Plenty of room for extended trips. Very quiet with top up, cozy during the winter. Fast. Cool. Beautiful exterior. Shopped Porsche, Audi, BMW. The CLK won.

Acceleration. Superb top (warm in winter, quiet all the time). Big trunk for this class. Fun to watch the theatrics when opening/closing the top. High quality interior. Wind buffeting is pretty well tamed by the wind blocker screen.

Adjustable seat bolsters, please! Except for the lousy bolsters (the seats are very comfortable, otherwise), I'd give this car 10's across the board. Small gas tank. Radio controls are difficult to use.