2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Love My CLK!
By lovemyclk1 on 03/12/13 05:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2007 Benz CLK 350 has been an awesome car! Very dependable and reliable! No complaints here! Well, maybe wish it had a bigger back seat....then I guess I should have bought a 4 door sedan then! No! I am very happy and highly recommend the CLK! I have seen many negative remarks about this car but if you research all cars no matter the brand you will find flaws and defects with all makes and models including the BMW brand etc. Also, the Mercedes is so much cheaper to maintain than the Beamer, I know first hand experience! :) on this one!

CLK350 Buyers Beware !!
By 7X on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Recently purchased a certified pre owned (cpo) 2007 CLK350 Coupe; gem of a car but since found out it has one EXPENSIVE FLAW ! Various Mercedes Benz models built between 2005 and 2008 have a defective balance shaft and/or balance shaft sprocket. It's a defect in the metal part which wears prematurely. To replace and repair, it in the CLK models with the 350 (272) engine, it requires removal of the engine!! The dealer knew this problem exists and didn't tell me before I made the purchase. I bought this car in good faith that it would last me many years, now I found out it will likely need an engine tear-down before it hits 100K miles, maybe closer to 60K. Shameful.

Nice but with some flaws
By Eric on 12/25/08 06:58 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall, a very nice car with an air of high luxury. As for reliability, had a squealing noise which was a pulley bearing subject to recall. Dealer fixed with no hassle. We now have a strange rattle from the vicinity of the differential. Of course, it stopped when we took the car to the dealer and hasn't yet returned. Performance -- acceleration, braking, handling -- is just okay by my standards but I race cars, so I have high standards. This is primarily my wife's car. For the typical purchaser of this car, the performance is more than adequate. Not too happy about the high depreciation, but we plan on retaining the car for a while.

Thumbs up CLK class
By Thumbs up CLK class on 11/16/07 18:09 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Mercedes has taken the CLK to the next level. Purchased a 350 coupe w/sport suspension and have enjoyed the car from day one! Suspension is a nice balance between sporty and smooth...it doesnt beat you up. It is a blast to drive and has an elegant design. Performance and handling compares to BMWs and Porsches we've owned. Access to the rear seats is a little cumbersome, but if I wanted easy back seat access I would have gotten an E- class.

They stopped thinking.
By Florida Benz on 10/20/07 07:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My chief complaint of this car is it has no locking glove compartment. For God's sake Kia's have locking glove compartments. How do you turn your vehicle over to a valet? Presumably a Mercedes would likely visit valet parking more often than most? Add to that, access to the rear seats comes from lifting and pulling forward the rear seat. Cars half its price have electric motors that do it. Its like driving an old Euro taxi. Build quality, first year, 3rd brakelight lens cover fell out when trunk closed, whining belt pulley,seatbelt not retracting correctly. Wife's '06 E series needed new tranny first 3 months of owning. Not your daddys Benz.

Not all that
By Got1nothanks on 09/06/07 09:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Having parted with my '05 Audi A4 3.0 Cab, I knew I would have to do with out the topless experience. What I didn't know was that I would have to do without a locking glove box. I would also have to lift and push forward the front passenger seat to let someone in the back. Much like an old European taxi. At this price point you shouldn't have to make these basic sacrifices. We have two Merc's at home, when leases end, we will have none! Ever.

CLK review
By KT on 08/13/07 09:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love this car!! I have never had more fun with a car that is both frivolous and practical. Excellent combination

Close to Perfection...and I'm not easy
By Not Easy to Please on 02/26/07 21:36 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned other models of MBZ, several BMW's and some Jaguars. They have all been beautiful, but only one or two of the MBZs have had been as close to perfect as this car. It has the quality of a new Lexus and the stylishness of an old Jaguar. And I'm not easy to please.

Great Tourer
By racerjae on 01/17/07 08:54 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned the car for 2 months and everything has been up to expectations. Drove it from NJ to FL and back, and it was quite comfortable. Very little wind/road noise for a 'sporty' car. The new 7- speed auto is ultra smooth and quick. The new BMW 335 may have better handling/acceleration, but the CLK looks better and is more luxurious inside and out.

Fun to drive
By Julio on 01/12/07 14:17 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car has great pick up. Just step on the gas and go. The car has a great looks get a lot of compliments. Car is sporty and has luxury.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.