Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Love My CLK!
By lovemyclk1

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2007 Benz CLK 350 has been an awesome car! Very dependable and reliable! No complaints here! Well, maybe wish it had a bigger back seat....then I guess I should have bought a 4 door sedan then! No! I am very happy and highly recommend the CLK! I have seen many negative remarks about this car but if you research all cars no matter the brand you will find flaws and defects with all makes and models including the BMW brand etc. Also, the Mercedes is so much cheaper to maintain than the Beamer, I know first hand experience! :) on this one!

The soft plush sporty ride! Great handling around corners! Awesome power and pick up!

None that I can think of!

CLK350 Buyers Beware !!
By 7X

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Recently purchased a certified pre owned (cpo) 2007 CLK350 Coupe; gem of a car but since found out it has one EXPENSIVE FLAW ! Various Mercedes Benz models built between 2005 and 2008 have a defective balance shaft and/or balance shaft sprocket. It's a defect in the metal part which wears prematurely. To replace and repair, it in the CLK models with the 350 (272) engine, it requires removal of the engine!! The dealer knew this problem exists and didn't tell me before I made the purchase. I bought this car in good faith that it would last me many years, now I found out it will likely need an engine tear-down before it hits 100K miles, maybe closer to 60K. Shameful.

The CLK350 coupe is a solid, heavy car. The interior is well appointed, and the looks are eye-catching.

Engine build quality needs to be improved for this caliber of vehicle (see comment on top). While highway mileage is acceptable, city driving will cost you at the pump. Lastly, car exhibits braking hesitation when accelerating from a stop, while in the "Sport" transmission mode.

Nice Ride
By TJ

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Lots of power, handles great, and is fun to drive. The 7 speed transmission provides smooth acceleration and improved gas mileage.

Automatic seat belt extenders, navigation system, and 7 speed transmission provides smooth acceleration and improved gas mileage. The built-in cooling and heating features on the front seats are nice too.

Phone caddy and Bluetooth support limited phone types. The Bluetooth option should support all phone types. On occasion, receive static using AM radio band, this is annoying to say the least.

Wonderfully Powerful 550!!
By B1Mario

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Bought a certified CLK550 Coupe with all the options a few months ago. Absolutely love the car, great power, decent handling and nice interior. Came from an 01 Corvette and the CLK550 is every bit its equal in power. Handling is a little on the softer side but much easier to live with every day. Drove '06 M3 and '08 335 before choosing the CLK. Basically went on features and power the BMW's could hold up. 335 might have a little more speed here at altitude (CO - 6000') due to the turbos; but overall like the CLK much better and am very happy with my choice.

Power of the 5.5L engine, smoothness of 7spd. Great car to live with every day and spend some weekends on Mtn roads!

Bluetooth shouldn't be an $800 addition on this level of car.

Nice but with some flaws
By Eric

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall, a very nice car with an air of high luxury. As for reliability, had a squealing noise which was a pulley bearing subject to recall. Dealer fixed with no hassle. We now have a strange rattle from the vicinity of the differential. Of course, it stopped when we took the car to the dealer and hasn't yet returned. Performance -- acceleration, braking, handling -- is just okay by my standards but I race cars, so I have high standards. This is primarily my wife's car. For the typical purchaser of this car, the performance is more than adequate. Not too happy about the high depreciation, but we plan on retaining the car for a while.

The interior of our car is its best feature. We have the two tone ivory/black leather, with dark ash wood and chrome trim. The fit and finish and overall look is outstanding. The interior looks better than most $100K cars.

One small complaint -- the control stalk for the windshield wipers is hidden by the steering wheel. It could be easily been repositioned so that it may be viewed while driving. I frequently turn it the wrong way because I cannot see it while driving.