2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Love My CLK!
By lovemyclk1 on 03/12/13 05:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2007 Benz CLK 350 has been an awesome car! Very dependable and reliable! No complaints here! Well, maybe wish it had a bigger back seat....then I guess I should have bought a 4 door sedan then! No! I am very happy and highly recommend the CLK! I have seen many negative remarks about this car but if you research all cars no matter the brand you will find flaws and defects with all makes and models including the BMW brand etc. Also, the Mercedes is so much cheaper to maintain than the Beamer, I know first hand experience! :) on this one!

CLK350 Buyers Beware !!
By 7X on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Recently purchased a certified pre owned (cpo) 2007 CLK350 Coupe; gem of a car but since found out it has one EXPENSIVE FLAW ! Various Mercedes Benz models built between 2005 and 2008 have a defective balance shaft and/or balance shaft sprocket. It's a defect in the metal part which wears prematurely. To replace and repair, it in the CLK models with the 350 (272) engine, it requires removal of the engine!! The dealer knew this problem exists and didn't tell me before I made the purchase. I bought this car in good faith that it would last me many years, now I found out it will likely need an engine tear-down before it hits 100K miles, maybe closer to 60K. Shameful.

Nice Ride
By TJ on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Lots of power, handles great, and is fun to drive. The 7 speed transmission provides smooth acceleration and improved gas mileage.

Wonderfully Powerful 550!!
By B1Mario on 01/27/10 20:40 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Bought a certified CLK550 Coupe with all the options a few months ago. Absolutely love the car, great power, decent handling and nice interior. Came from an 01 Corvette and the CLK550 is every bit its equal in power. Handling is a little on the softer side but much easier to live with every day. Drove '06 M3 and '08 335 before choosing the CLK. Basically went on features and power the BMW's could hold up. 335 might have a little more speed here at altitude (CO - 6000') due to the turbos; but overall like the CLK much better and am very happy with my choice.

Nice but with some flaws
By Eric on 12/25/08 06:58 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall, a very nice car with an air of high luxury. As for reliability, had a squealing noise which was a pulley bearing subject to recall. Dealer fixed with no hassle. We now have a strange rattle from the vicinity of the differential. Of course, it stopped when we took the car to the dealer and hasn't yet returned. Performance -- acceleration, braking, handling -- is just okay by my standards but I race cars, so I have high standards. This is primarily my wife's car. For the typical purchaser of this car, the performance is more than adequate. Not too happy about the high depreciation, but we plan on retaining the car for a while.

Completely Incredible
By jsutt on 01/04/08 10:55 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I previously owned a 2003 CLK500 and let me tell you that the new 550's engine completely blows away the previous version. The accelleration and overall performance is incredible. The exterior and interior are stunning. Practically every time I drive it someone is telling me how beautiful it is. Go get one today.

Thumbs up CLK class
By Thumbs up CLK class on 11/16/07 18:09 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Mercedes has taken the CLK to the next level. Purchased a 350 coupe w/sport suspension and have enjoyed the car from day one! Suspension is a nice balance between sporty and smooth...it doesnt beat you up. It is a blast to drive and has an elegant design. Performance and handling compares to BMWs and Porsches we've owned. Access to the rear seats is a little cumbersome, but if I wanted easy back seat access I would have gotten an E- class.

They stopped thinking.
By Florida Benz on 10/20/07 07:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My chief complaint of this car is it has no locking glove compartment. For God's sake Kia's have locking glove compartments. How do you turn your vehicle over to a valet? Presumably a Mercedes would likely visit valet parking more often than most? Add to that, access to the rear seats comes from lifting and pulling forward the rear seat. Cars half its price have electric motors that do it. Its like driving an old Euro taxi. Build quality, first year, 3rd brakelight lens cover fell out when trunk closed, whining belt pulley,seatbelt not retracting correctly. Wife's '06 E series needed new tranny first 3 months of owning. Not your daddys Benz.

Not all that
By Got1nothanks on 09/06/07 09:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Having parted with my '05 Audi A4 3.0 Cab, I knew I would have to do with out the topless experience. What I didn't know was that I would have to do without a locking glove box. I would also have to lift and push forward the front passenger seat to let someone in the back. Much like an old European taxi. At this price point you shouldn't have to make these basic sacrifices. We have two Merc's at home, when leases end, we will have none! Ever.

CLK review
By KT on 08/13/07 09:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love this car!! I have never had more fun with a car that is both frivolous and practical. Excellent combination

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.