2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
550 Cabriolet review
By jb from san diego on 08/12/07 22:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car is beautifully styled and lots of pep. The older models had a blind spot on the rear passenger side. There is great visibility with this model.

Good by 996/997
By kevin on 04/07/07 11:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car. Candidates: M3, 911, S4. The highway is not a race track. No do I have to endure the harshness of my 996 to have neck breaking speed and a boat load of "cool factor". This thing is a serious wolf in sheeps clothing. The power, torque and hp, is amazing. The ride is plush, more body roll than my Porsche and BMW, even with the sport suspension, but I got over it quick enough. It is still well composed in the twisties. I am waiting for my H&R lowering springs to arrive and for $600 the body roll be gone. Cops don't even notice it. Great car! Of course it eats tires and gas, but a car with 386 ft #s of torque should!

CLK550: Use EDP to drive it on Autobahn!
By No Tickets Yet on 04/02/07 22:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

If you get a CLK550 Cabriolet, the sport suspension option is a must have. Had mine trucked down to N. Cal. from Wash. State, since it was only one in Western USA with sport suspension (for me), run flats (for wife), backseat side airbags (for son), and P3 option (best front seats). It has every opt. except power trunk closer. This is the best Mercedes I've every owned, and been loyal customer since bought 380 SL in 1982! Solid build, no problems, performs better than last year's AMG model for $20K less, quiet with the top up. 0-60 mph on mine is much faster than 5.1 sec. spec. It can go 65+ on 25mph curved exit w/o ESC. Wish I could take it to Germany and drive it on the Autobahn!

Happy Camper
By Pam on 01/21/07 18:13 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

My first MB but not my first driving experience. I have been chauffering my Mom in her S500s for years never dreaming I'd be shopping for a MB myself. Test drove the CLK550 and that was it! What a jewel. A real pleasure to find the combination of coupe and convertible with such style and pizzaz! It is perfect. Few things ever are. It sure suits my fancy and makes my day just a little brighter and more interesting. The one complaint I have aesthetically is the choice of rag tops. Whatever happened to that beautiful "buff" colored cloth. Black, Ash and Navy don't suit every one's taste!

Fantastic Engine, but not for twistys
By socalh2oskier on 01/21/07 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just upgraded from 350 cab to the 550 cab. The engine on the 550 is amazing. Too bad the rest of the car lags in comparison. The suspension is downright sloppy. Straight line acceleration is exhilirating, but the smile on your face quickly fades if you have to turn, as it is plagued by execissive body roll and lack of control in corners. Stereo is so-so, and seating, even with the p-3 option pdg which includes upgraded "body contour" seats, is still far below the support and comfort of a BMW. If the BMW 335 convertible were available, I would have bought it. But it is not so I will enjoy this car for my 3 yr lease term and then trade for the more comfortable and sure-footed BMW.

'07 CLK 550 Convertible
By LES on 08/10/06 17:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I am amazed at the acceleration of the new CLK 550. The overall fit and finish is truly outstanding. The top goes down within 20 seconds and the sound proofing when it is up is very quiet. This is my first MB, I have been driving Audi's for the past six years, including the 4.2 A6. The acceleration of the MB leaves the Audi in the dust. I look for any excuse to take the car out for a spin. It has been an awesome driving experince.

Great car so far
By Squelch Oil on 08/09/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have put about 1600 miles on the car so far and love it. There are a few minor things to quible about, but overall this car is an absolute blast to drive. Faster then a stock M3 and a lot more comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.