Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Great Vehicle....
By C. St John

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Pros: The handling , comfort, braking and overall ride are AWESOME! The ride is very smooth! Beautiful Vehicle!!!
Cons: The front cup holder is a bit wide and could easily cause a mishap allowing your beverage to spill forward. The trunk space is a bit small but, this is expected for a convertible (positioned properly you can fit 3 carry-on bags).

2007 CLK350 Cabriolet
By '58 190SL & '07 CLK350 Cabrio

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We are the second owner and purchased her from the Range Rover dealer in San Diego. They took her as a trade in from an older couple down there. She had always been dealer maintained which was a big plus to me and the RR dealer did a complete service before we purchased her. As mentioned, these cars are know to have a balance shaft issue so it's important to run the correct weight oil and stay on top of the service intervals. Like all Benz she can be a bit temperamental. For example the day after we brought her home the check engine light came on, I reset it and two days later it came back on. After doing some on-line research I tracked down the problem. The dealer did not seat the air filter assy. all the way onto the mass air flow sensor. I have an occasional 'check engine light' now and the computer tells me it's the cam shaft positioning sensors. I have purchased all four for about $115 total and need to change them which looks to be pretty straightforward and easy. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Overall, we love the car. Fuel economy is decent, handles well, the backseat is very tight but usable for the 'occasional' passenger but would definitely recommend the coupe if you 'need' seating for more than two on a frequent basis. The car is a 2007 in Mercedes' gray blue w/ gray leather interior and it's 2016 making her nearly 9 years old and my wife is constantly getting compliments on what a beautiful car she has. Overall, a very good buy.

Very cool car, crummy seat
By BarFly

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

One of America's best looking cars! But beware the seat bolsters. I test drove this car a long time before buying. Thought the seats were wonderful because of that "tucked in" feeling. However, those bolsters pinch my back (I'm 5'11", 210 lbs). Painfully annoying and I bought this car for extended touring! Had a shop rebuild driver's seat - got some relief. I wish I had the 2010 E-Class seats with the adjustable bolsters. I mean, who drives a CLK hard enough to need aggresive bolsters? Having said all this, I love this car. Plenty of room for extended trips. Very quiet with top up, cozy during the winter. Fast. Cool. Beautiful exterior. Shopped Porsche, Audi, BMW. The CLK won.

Acceleration. Superb top (warm in winter, quiet all the time). Big trunk for this class. Fun to watch the theatrics when opening/closing the top. High quality interior. Wind buffeting is pretty well tamed by the wind blocker screen.

Adjustable seat bolsters, please! Except for the lousy bolsters (the seats are very comfortable, otherwise), I'd give this car 10's across the board. Small gas tank. Radio controls are difficult to use.

Mixed feelings
By mixed feelings

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I went from a Boxster to a CLK350 Cabriolet because I started to play a lot of golf and needed more room, but couldn't bring myself to buy an SUV. Mistake! The trunk is small - won't hold two sets of clubs easily. Even with one set, I have to pull out my longer clubs and put them in separately. The back seat very difficult to get into. Front seat won't stay forward unless you readjust it. What a pain. Windscreen completely obnoxious to install/remove. The most annoying thing is the "ding ding ding" when you open the door. I hate it and dealer won't shut if off. Enough to make me sell the car. If you press a button on steering wheel though, you can shut it up. Beautiful car otherwise.

Fun to drive, plenty of power, beautiful car. Luxurious.

Stop the ding ding ding when door opens! Come up with better windscreen installation.

Son't buy it
By john01

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Got a 2007 CLK convertible. Good looking. Fun to drive. But, it has been in shop for 4 times for different problems, started at month 3. Today speakers stopped working. I remember the sale person asked me to buy extended warranty. I said MB is supposed to be a car with high quality. He said not true. I did not believe his word. Now I regret. No more MB.