2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Very cool car, crummy seat
By BarFly on 08/24/10 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

One of America's best looking cars! But beware the seat bolsters. I test drove this car a long time before buying. Thought the seats were wonderful because of that "tucked in" feeling. However, those bolsters pinch my back (I'm 5'11", 210 lbs). Painfully annoying and I bought this car for extended touring! Had a shop rebuild driver's seat - got some relief. I wish I had the 2010 E-Class seats with the adjustable bolsters. I mean, who drives a CLK hard enough to need aggresive bolsters? Having said all this, I love this car. Plenty of room for extended trips. Very quiet with top up, cozy during the winter. Fast. Cool. Beautiful exterior. Shopped Porsche, Audi, BMW. The CLK won.

Mixed feelings
By mixed feelings on 11/22/08 16:56 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I went from a Boxster to a CLK350 Cabriolet because I started to play a lot of golf and needed more room, but couldn't bring myself to buy an SUV. Mistake! The trunk is small - won't hold two sets of clubs easily. Even with one set, I have to pull out my longer clubs and put them in separately. The back seat very difficult to get into. Front seat won't stay forward unless you readjust it. What a pain. Windscreen completely obnoxious to install/remove. The most annoying thing is the "ding ding ding" when you open the door. I hate it and dealer won't shut if off. Enough to make me sell the car. If you press a button on steering wheel though, you can shut it up. Beautiful car otherwise.

Son't buy it
By john01 on 10/11/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Got a 2007 CLK convertible. Good looking. Fun to drive. But, it has been in shop for 4 times for different problems, started at month 3. Today speakers stopped working. I remember the sale person asked me to buy extended warranty. I said MB is supposed to be a car with high quality. He said not true. I did not believe his word. Now I regret. No more MB.

550 Cabriolet review
By jb from san diego on 08/12/07 22:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car is beautifully styled and lots of pep. The older models had a blind spot on the rear passenger side. There is great visibility with this model.

Kudos to Mercedes CLK class
By Roger Lund on 04/10/07 01:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My fifth Mercedes. This is the best. I have had more compliments on this car than any of the previous 50 or more that I have owned. It is the most confortable car to drive that I ever owned. The only complant that I have is the lack of Blue Tooth phone capabilities. The cost of adding the Mercedes equipment is rediculous. I will wait for the appropriately priced after market to become available.

Good by 996/997
By kevin on 04/07/07 11:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car. Candidates: M3, 911, S4. The highway is not a race track. No do I have to endure the harshness of my 996 to have neck breaking speed and a boat load of "cool factor". This thing is a serious wolf in sheeps clothing. The power, torque and hp, is amazing. The ride is plush, more body roll than my Porsche and BMW, even with the sport suspension, but I got over it quick enough. It is still well composed in the twisties. I am waiting for my H&R lowering springs to arrive and for $600 the body roll be gone. Cops don't even notice it. Great car! Of course it eats tires and gas, but a car with 386 ft #s of torque should!

CLK550: Use EDP to drive it on Autobahn!
By No Tickets Yet on 04/02/07 22:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

If you get a CLK550 Cabriolet, the sport suspension option is a must have. Had mine trucked down to N. Cal. from Wash. State, since it was only one in Western USA with sport suspension (for me), run flats (for wife), backseat side airbags (for son), and P3 option (best front seats). It has every opt. except power trunk closer. This is the best Mercedes I've every owned, and been loyal customer since bought 380 SL in 1982! Solid build, no problems, performs better than last year's AMG model for $20K less, quiet with the top up. 0-60 mph on mine is much faster than 5.1 sec. spec. It can go 65+ on 25mph curved exit w/o ESC. Wish I could take it to Germany and drive it on the Autobahn!

Underrated
By bknyc on 03/30/07 15:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Without getting technical this car has everything you would want in a convertible. Fun to drive. Fun to look at. Fun to be seen in. Fun to own. Just underrated!

Happy Camper
By Pam on 01/21/07 18:13 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

My first MB but not my first driving experience. I have been chauffering my Mom in her S500s for years never dreaming I'd be shopping for a MB myself. Test drove the CLK550 and that was it! What a jewel. A real pleasure to find the combination of coupe and convertible with such style and pizzaz! It is perfect. Few things ever are. It sure suits my fancy and makes my day just a little brighter and more interesting. The one complaint I have aesthetically is the choice of rag tops. Whatever happened to that beautiful "buff" colored cloth. Black, Ash and Navy don't suit every one's taste!

Fantastic Engine, but not for twistys
By socalh2oskier on 01/21/07 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just upgraded from 350 cab to the 550 cab. The engine on the 550 is amazing. Too bad the rest of the car lags in comparison. The suspension is downright sloppy. Straight line acceleration is exhilirating, but the smile on your face quickly fades if you have to turn, as it is plagued by execissive body roll and lack of control in corners. Stereo is so-so, and seating, even with the p-3 option pdg which includes upgraded "body contour" seats, is still far below the support and comfort of a BMW. If the BMW 335 convertible were available, I would have bought it. But it is not so I will enjoy this car for my 3 yr lease term and then trade for the more comfortable and sure-footed BMW.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.