Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Very cool car, crummy seat
By BarFly

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

One of America's best looking cars! But beware the seat bolsters. I test drove this car a long time before buying. Thought the seats were wonderful because of that "tucked in" feeling. However, those bolsters pinch my back (I'm 5'11", 210 lbs). Painfully annoying and I bought this car for extended touring! Had a shop rebuild driver's seat - got some relief. I wish I had the 2010 E-Class seats with the adjustable bolsters. I mean, who drives a CLK hard enough to need aggresive bolsters? Having said all this, I love this car. Plenty of room for extended trips. Very quiet with top up, cozy during the winter. Fast. Cool. Beautiful exterior. Shopped Porsche, Audi, BMW. The CLK won.

Acceleration. Superb top (warm in winter, quiet all the time). Big trunk for this class. Fun to watch the theatrics when opening/closing the top. High quality interior. Wind buffeting is pretty well tamed by the wind blocker screen.

Adjustable seat bolsters, please! Except for the lousy bolsters (the seats are very comfortable, otherwise), I'd give this car 10's across the board. Small gas tank. Radio controls are difficult to use.

Mixed feelings
By mixed feelings

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I went from a Boxster to a CLK350 Cabriolet because I started to play a lot of golf and needed more room, but couldn't bring myself to buy an SUV. Mistake! The trunk is small - won't hold two sets of clubs easily. Even with one set, I have to pull out my longer clubs and put them in separately. The back seat very difficult to get into. Front seat won't stay forward unless you readjust it. What a pain. Windscreen completely obnoxious to install/remove. The most annoying thing is the "ding ding ding" when you open the door. I hate it and dealer won't shut if off. Enough to make me sell the car. If you press a button on steering wheel though, you can shut it up. Beautiful car otherwise.

Fun to drive, plenty of power, beautiful car. Luxurious.

Stop the ding ding ding when door opens! Come up with better windscreen installation.

Son't buy it
By john01

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Got a 2007 CLK convertible. Good looking. Fun to drive. But, it has been in shop for 4 times for different problems, started at month 3. Today speakers stopped working. I remember the sale person asked me to buy extended warranty. I said MB is supposed to be a car with high quality. He said not true. I did not believe his word. Now I regret. No more MB.

Kudos to Mercedes CLK class
By Roger Lund

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My fifth Mercedes. This is the best. I have had more compliments on this car than any of the previous 50 or more that I have owned. It is the most confortable car to drive that I ever owned. The only complant that I have is the lack of Blue Tooth phone capabilities. The cost of adding the Mercedes equipment is rediculous. I will wait for the appropriately priced after market to become available.

Comfort while driving.

Include factory Bluetooth equipment

Underrated
By bknyc

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Without getting technical this car has everything you would want in a convertible. Fun to drive. Fun to look at. Fun to be seen in. Fun to own. Just underrated!

Top up/top down ease of use

Command center stereo should be standard.