2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Very cool car, crummy seat
By BarFly on 08/24/10 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

One of America's best looking cars! But beware the seat bolsters. I test drove this car a long time before buying. Thought the seats were wonderful because of that "tucked in" feeling. However, those bolsters pinch my back (I'm 5'11", 210 lbs). Painfully annoying and I bought this car for extended touring! Had a shop rebuild driver's seat - got some relief. I wish I had the 2010 E-Class seats with the adjustable bolsters. I mean, who drives a CLK hard enough to need aggresive bolsters? Having said all this, I love this car. Plenty of room for extended trips. Very quiet with top up, cozy during the winter. Fast. Cool. Beautiful exterior. Shopped Porsche, Audi, BMW. The CLK won.

Mixed feelings
By mixed feelings on 11/22/08 16:56 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I went from a Boxster to a CLK350 Cabriolet because I started to play a lot of golf and needed more room, but couldn't bring myself to buy an SUV. Mistake! The trunk is small - won't hold two sets of clubs easily. Even with one set, I have to pull out my longer clubs and put them in separately. The back seat very difficult to get into. Front seat won't stay forward unless you readjust it. What a pain. Windscreen completely obnoxious to install/remove. The most annoying thing is the "ding ding ding" when you open the door. I hate it and dealer won't shut if off. Enough to make me sell the car. If you press a button on steering wheel though, you can shut it up. Beautiful car otherwise.

Son't buy it
By john01 on 10/11/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Got a 2007 CLK convertible. Good looking. Fun to drive. But, it has been in shop for 4 times for different problems, started at month 3. Today speakers stopped working. I remember the sale person asked me to buy extended warranty. I said MB is supposed to be a car with high quality. He said not true. I did not believe his word. Now I regret. No more MB.

Kudos to Mercedes CLK class
By Roger Lund on 04/10/07 01:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My fifth Mercedes. This is the best. I have had more compliments on this car than any of the previous 50 or more that I have owned. It is the most confortable car to drive that I ever owned. The only complant that I have is the lack of Blue Tooth phone capabilities. The cost of adding the Mercedes equipment is rediculous. I will wait for the appropriately priced after market to become available.

Underrated
By bknyc on 03/30/07 15:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Without getting technical this car has everything you would want in a convertible. Fun to drive. Fun to look at. Fun to be seen in. Fun to own. Just underrated!

Very mediocre--but nice looking
By socalh2oskier on 01/08/07 08:04 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is a nice car, but the driving experience leaves much to be desired. The Harman Kardon stereo is mediocre at best. The steering wheel presets aggravatingly will not scan presets. The computer should be reset so you don't have to mash the gas pedal to the floor to get a downshift (and then when it comes, it is jerky and more power than you want in most instances). The seats do not have adjustable lumbar support. The nav is unduly complicated and slow and does not work very well. Compare this to a bmw 3 series and it gets blown away in terms of comfort, functionality, and performance--the only thing this car has going for it is that it Mercedes did a nice job with the exterior.

Engineers with nothing better to do.
By Doc on 12/01/06 12:56 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have driven many cars in my 72 years This is the least user friendly car I have ever owned. MB has too many engineers who are really playing games with car functions. They have made life complicated for no benefit. Dealing with some of the menus and subs is distracting and takes the drivers eyes away from the road. I can't advise anybody to buy this car and would actively discourage anybody from doing so. MB is not alone Simplicity is what is needed! It seems that this is the way many manufactures are going and it is a mistake One should not have to be an engineer or a computer scientist to understand the car. The operating handbook is poorly laid out. Why should the operation of lights be on 8 pages?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.