2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Love My CLK!
By lovemyclk1 on 03/12/13 05:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2007 Benz CLK 350 has been an awesome car! Very dependable and reliable! No complaints here! Well, maybe wish it had a bigger back seat....then I guess I should have bought a 4 door sedan then! No! I am very happy and highly recommend the CLK! I have seen many negative remarks about this car but if you research all cars no matter the brand you will find flaws and defects with all makes and models including the BMW brand etc. Also, the Mercedes is so much cheaper to maintain than the Beamer, I know first hand experience! :) on this one!

CLK350 Buyers Beware !!
By 7X on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Recently purchased a certified pre owned (cpo) 2007 CLK350 Coupe; gem of a car but since found out it has one EXPENSIVE FLAW ! Various Mercedes Benz models built between 2005 and 2008 have a defective balance shaft and/or balance shaft sprocket. It's a defect in the metal part which wears prematurely. To replace and repair, it in the CLK models with the 350 (272) engine, it requires removal of the engine!! The dealer knew this problem exists and didn't tell me before I made the purchase. I bought this car in good faith that it would last me many years, now I found out it will likely need an engine tear-down before it hits 100K miles, maybe closer to 60K. Shameful.

Nice Ride
By TJ on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Lots of power, handles great, and is fun to drive. The 7 speed transmission provides smooth acceleration and improved gas mileage.

Very cool car, crummy seat
By BarFly on 08/24/10 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

One of America's best looking cars! But beware the seat bolsters. I test drove this car a long time before buying. Thought the seats were wonderful because of that "tucked in" feeling. However, those bolsters pinch my back (I'm 5'11", 210 lbs). Painfully annoying and I bought this car for extended touring! Had a shop rebuild driver's seat - got some relief. I wish I had the 2010 E-Class seats with the adjustable bolsters. I mean, who drives a CLK hard enough to need aggresive bolsters? Having said all this, I love this car. Plenty of room for extended trips. Very quiet with top up, cozy during the winter. Fast. Cool. Beautiful exterior. Shopped Porsche, Audi, BMW. The CLK won.

Wonderfully Powerful 550!!
By B1Mario on 01/27/10 20:40 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Bought a certified CLK550 Coupe with all the options a few months ago. Absolutely love the car, great power, decent handling and nice interior. Came from an 01 Corvette and the CLK550 is every bit its equal in power. Handling is a little on the softer side but much easier to live with every day. Drove '06 M3 and '08 335 before choosing the CLK. Basically went on features and power the BMW's could hold up. 335 might have a little more speed here at altitude (CO - 6000') due to the turbos; but overall like the CLK much better and am very happy with my choice.

Nice but with some flaws
By Eric on 12/25/08 06:58 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall, a very nice car with an air of high luxury. As for reliability, had a squealing noise which was a pulley bearing subject to recall. Dealer fixed with no hassle. We now have a strange rattle from the vicinity of the differential. Of course, it stopped when we took the car to the dealer and hasn't yet returned. Performance -- acceleration, braking, handling -- is just okay by my standards but I race cars, so I have high standards. This is primarily my wife's car. For the typical purchaser of this car, the performance is more than adequate. Not too happy about the high depreciation, but we plan on retaining the car for a while.

Mixed feelings
By mixed feelings on 11/22/08 16:56 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I went from a Boxster to a CLK350 Cabriolet because I started to play a lot of golf and needed more room, but couldn't bring myself to buy an SUV. Mistake! The trunk is small - won't hold two sets of clubs easily. Even with one set, I have to pull out my longer clubs and put them in separately. The back seat very difficult to get into. Front seat won't stay forward unless you readjust it. What a pain. Windscreen completely obnoxious to install/remove. The most annoying thing is the "ding ding ding" when you open the door. I hate it and dealer won't shut if off. Enough to make me sell the car. If you press a button on steering wheel though, you can shut it up. Beautiful car otherwise.

Son't buy it
By john01 on 10/11/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Got a 2007 CLK convertible. Good looking. Fun to drive. But, it has been in shop for 4 times for different problems, started at month 3. Today speakers stopped working. I remember the sale person asked me to buy extended warranty. I said MB is supposed to be a car with high quality. He said not true. I did not believe his word. Now I regret. No more MB.

Completely Incredible
By jsutt on 01/04/08 10:55 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I previously owned a 2003 CLK500 and let me tell you that the new 550's engine completely blows away the previous version. The accelleration and overall performance is incredible. The exterior and interior are stunning. Practically every time I drive it someone is telling me how beautiful it is. Go get one today.

All Engine..Lackluster Steering
By socalh2oskier on 12/08/07 15:09 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK63 AMG 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

This is an extremely fast car, with terrific brakes, a genuinely usable back seat, and decent trunk space (for a convertible). Unfortunately, the steering detracts markedly from the driving experience. Drive the new 3 series convertible, and you will wonder why anyone would pay almost double for the Mercedes, as the 3 series is loads more fun to drive. I had the 3 series, but traded it because of the minuscule trunk space and issues regarding run-flats. I like the AMG--but I have to admit-- reluctantly--that the 3 series was much more fun, at just over half the price, and it gets much better gas mileage. However, given the trunk space issue with the BMW, I am glad I made the switch.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.