Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Great Vehicle....
By C. St John

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Pros: The handling , comfort, braking and overall ride are AWESOME! The ride is very smooth! Beautiful Vehicle!!!
Cons: The front cup holder is a bit wide and could easily cause a mishap allowing your beverage to spill forward. The trunk space is a bit small but, this is expected for a convertible (positioned properly you can fit 3 carry-on bags).

2007 CLK350 Cabriolet
By '58 190SL & '07 CLK350 Cabrio

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We are the second owner and purchased her from the Range Rover dealer in San Diego. They took her as a trade in from an older couple down there. She had always been dealer maintained which was a big plus to me and the RR dealer did a complete service before we purchased her. As mentioned, these cars are know to have a balance shaft issue so it's important to run the correct weight oil and stay on top of the service intervals. Like all Benz she can be a bit temperamental. For example the day after we brought her home the check engine light came on, I reset it and two days later it came back on. After doing some on-line research I tracked down the problem. The dealer did not seat the air filter assy. all the way onto the mass air flow sensor. I have an occasional 'check engine light' now and the computer tells me it's the cam shaft positioning sensors. I have purchased all four for about $115 total and need to change them which looks to be pretty straightforward and easy. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Overall, we love the car. Fuel economy is decent, handles well, the backseat is very tight but usable for the 'occasional' passenger but would definitely recommend the coupe if you 'need' seating for more than two on a frequent basis. The car is a 2007 in Mercedes' gray blue w/ gray leather interior and it's 2016 making her nearly 9 years old and my wife is constantly getting compliments on what a beautiful car she has. Overall, a very good buy.

Love My CLK!
By lovemyclk1

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2007 Benz CLK 350 has been an awesome car!
Very dependable and reliable!
No complaints here!
Well, maybe wish it had a bigger back seat....then I guess I should have bought a 4 door sedan then!
No! I am very happy and highly recommend the CLK! I have seen many negative remarks about this car but if you research all cars no matter the brand you will find flaws and defects with all makes and models including the BMW brand etc. Also, the Mercedes is so much cheaper to maintain than the Beamer, I know first hand experience! :) on this one!

The soft plush sporty ride! Great handling around corners! Awesome power and pick up!

None that I can think of!

CLK350 Buyers Beware !!
By 7X

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Recently purchased a certified pre owned (cpo) 2007 CLK350 Coupe; gem of a car but since found out it has one EXPENSIVE FLAW ! Various Mercedes Benz models built between 2005 and 2008 have a defective balance shaft and/or balance shaft sprocket. It's a defect in the metal part which wears prematurely. To replace and repair, it in the CLK models with the 350 (272) engine, it requires removal of the engine!! The dealer knew this problem exists and didn't tell me before I made the purchase. I bought this car in good faith that it would last me many years, now I found out it will likely need an engine tear-down before it hits 100K miles, maybe closer to 60K. Shameful.

The CLK350 coupe is a solid, heavy car. The interior is well appointed, and the looks are eye-catching.

Engine build quality needs to be improved for this caliber of vehicle (see comment on top). While highway mileage is acceptable, city driving will cost you at the pump. Lastly, car exhibits braking hesitation when accelerating from a stop, while in the "Sport" transmission mode.

Nice Ride
By TJ

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Lots of power, handles great, and is fun to drive. The 7 speed transmission provides smooth acceleration and improved gas mileage.

Automatic seat belt extenders, navigation system, and 7 speed transmission provides smooth acceleration and improved gas mileage. The built-in cooling and heating features on the front seats are nice too.

Phone caddy and Bluetooth support limited phone types. The Bluetooth option should support all phone types. On occasion, receive static using AM radio band, this is annoying to say the least.