Marks
By mambrose on
2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)
I think the car is satisfying overall. It is a well rounded machine, although those expecting a sports car may be a bit dissapointed. I had a 911 cab prior so that may not be a fair statement. It is smooth, quiet and powerful, although I understand they are putting the new v8 found in the 2007 S class thoughout the line to replace the current 5.0 ltr motor. That will be a real lift in power. (some 80 or so horses.) Kind of wish I would have waited for the 2007. I put 18 inch BBS wheels on mine and it handles better w/o much loss in ride. They look better too. I may put on cross drilled rotors(for looks and performance)w/perf. pads(to lessen dust), and maybe sway bars to help prevent leaning.
Favorite Features
It offers about everything. Luxury, looks, overall performance. Nav is good. Quality to touch is good. Overall interior is nicer than previous models. Looks like MB quality has taken a turn for the better as of late. This as a solid everyday car that I am finding I enjoy more the longer I have it.
Suggested Improvements
Needs 18 inch wheels from the factory. No excuse for 17's in 2006. Better subwoofer system would be nice. It is hardly noticable. Sport suspension was not available on any cars I looked at in 3 states. Should be more prevelent. Most people buying this car cross-shop BMW which has a more sporty ride.