From One Black Beauty to Another
By hazellocks on
2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
With a child in college, I'd planned to drive my '97 Lexus ES300 until it died. Sure, it was a bit long in the tooth, but it worked just fine. Until it died. Suddenly. Irrevocably. In my neck of the woods, Lexus rules; Beemers are well-represented, too. I was loyal to Lexus, but in my heart of hearts, I wanted an MBz. A good friend and private dealer found my new baby. At first sight, it was so beautiful, I was afraid to drive it. It was too fancy, too ostentatious, too TOO. Took about a week to get over it. I am in love. Smitten. Besotted to the point of purchasing a custom cover to minimize sun damage (blk ext, no tinted windows, hot sun, all that leather). Co-workers tease, but that's OK!
Favorite Features
The CLK 350 is a perfect car for one-- or two people. It signals that the mini- van days are over. I chose black, a really challenging color, and spend lots of time dusting, polishing, cleaning water spots. There's nothing like going for a drive on a nice day, dog in the back, all windows open. Bliss!
Suggested Improvements
Cream-colored leather is a REAL challenge, but oh-so-beautiful at night when unlocking the doors. I wish MBZ made a back seat dog cover (with insignia, of course). Complaints about controls? Yes, there's a learning curve, but after that, it's all good. CLK is being discontinued in 2010. Too bad!!