2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Worth the money
By brian decook on 02/23/07 13:57 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I was involved in a Tbone colission with a hit and run by a Ford Explorer. The policeman said I should be dead. Thank God for Mercedes Benz and the saftey systems they have invented.

MB 2006 CLK 350 Coupe
By Bubba on 12/30/06 01:11 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Beautiful car, but I have had to get a new transmission and stability control system in less than a year after purchasing the car new.

Benz CLK350
By D GIbbs on 12/07/06 17:40 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first Benz and I wish I would have purchased one sooner. I have had BMW's and the Benz is by far a better built automobile.

What they didn't tell me
By Eddie Huggins on 11/29/06 19:39 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Car provides a good ride. The interior is comfortable but was not told that when it rains water get inside the car because there is no run-off or drainage system. After each rain, I must take a cloth and wipe the running board and the area under the doors and the sides, inside the car. $50K is a lot of money to spend for one to have to wipe the water out of the inside of the car each time it rains. When questioned was told "it is a design flaw" caused by the way the windows open and then close to seal for air tightness. Didn't they know about the "flaw"?

One beautiful car
By luvmybenz on 11/20/06 18:37 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased by CLK 500 in August after two years of research and test driving other cars and I must say I have never experienced anything like driving my CLK 500. The stares I get from other drivers (especially from BMW owners). Every time I drive the car I get challeged to race and it is usually from the BMW owners. That is a sign that this is an exceptional car. As for the driving experience it is truly orgasmic. The seats hugs you and the ride is so smooth. I love the accelaration when entering the freeway. I get nothing but compliments on this car and am truly happy I decided to purchase it.

Absolute Blast to Drive!
By IridiumCLK on 04/22/06 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Since I purchased my CLK350 in February '06, I have had nothing but an ear to ear grin while driving my car. It handles like it's on rails and performs incredibly well. I recently took it to the track and ran a 14.3 second quarter mile. 'Nuff said. Oh, and got 33.5 mpg on the highway on my drive home with cruise set to 70mph! The 7-speed transmission is very slick... not many cars can boast a 70mph cruising speed at only 1,700-2,000 rpm! It is very versatile; it is an extremely refined executive sports car but will effortlessly release the beast within whenever you want to! This is an incredible car and I have no regrets on my purchase whatsoever!

Great car
By David on 04/21/06 14:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I leased an '06 CLK350 in 2/06 and love it. Looks great, fun to drive, comfortable and quiet. The engine is wonderful and powerful. Save the money on the 5.0. Over the last 1,000 miles I have averaged 27mpg. Mine is black on black and turns heads all the time. Came with the iPod so no longer need CDs. I traded in an '04 S500 and I like the CLK better.

Love the Car
By Charles on 03/29/06 05:43 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Turned in my Lexus GS300 March '06. I started shopping in feb for new car to lease. Lexus gave me high priced lease prices and this would have been my 3rd GS. So went to Mercedes and leased 2006 CLK350. Obsidian black-light tan inside. Have Sirius, lighting package, prem package, heated seats and navigation. Love the car. No problems except had to wait 1 month for Sirius. And the car cost me less than the Lexus. The car turns heads. Love driving the car, Much better than the 2003 GS300. The best time of day is driving to and from work.

Terrific Car
By Rich Hanson on 03/22/06 23:22 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 3rd Mercedes ('98 C230, '02 C320) and the best car I've ever owned, besting 4 BMW's, a SAAB and a Volvo. It is extremely comfortable, especially with the Comfort Package seats. Controls, while still over-engineered, are easier to use than the '02 C320. Handling is great, and performance is just fine. $7,000 for the V-8 is a waste of money.

CLK350 Coupe
By mbuser1 on 03/11/06 19:48 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

MB Reliability ??? Just got a CLK350 four wks ago. Transmision broke down at the first 300miles. Car stayed @ MB shop twice for 2+wks. Was told by MB Tech. that this is the 4th occurrences of transmission failure/defect for this year (2006) (C, E, ML and my CLK).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.