2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
My first real toy
By robertfj on 11/26/06 12:43 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Awesome driving experience. Great road manners and super performance. 11,000 miles and not one complaint or problem.

CLK320
By jim l on 10/26/06 13:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This CLK 320 convertible was a definite surprise. The power and ride are much above expectations. No longer feel I made a mistake in selling my 911 to make room for this excellent Mercedes product.

CLK 350 Cabrio For Fun
By Bud Springer on 10/01/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Chose CLK Cabrio over BMW Convertable and am truly pleased with the choice. Great looking and driving. Gas mileage is exceptional; you really can get 27- 28 mpg on the highway. Great top down ride at 65-70 mph w/no wind problems at all. We can talk and be heard and the excellent radio sound carries well. This is perfect car for a couple and unlike the roadsters, there is ample room for a reasonable amount of baggage, even with the top down as the rear seats serve well for cargo and even our 2 small dogs on occassion. We selected a black over white color combo' and just love it. We constantly get compliments and this one stands out over the usual silver bodies we see too much of.

Very Pleased
By David on 08/15/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My second CLK Cabrio, traded a (trouble free) 2003. This car is a vast improvement over the already great former version. Beautiful to look at and fun to drive. Many great comfort features and trouble free at 2000 miles. Drove the 500, not worth the extra money, maybe the 550 will be better. iPod kit is awesome! MB has become more "Lexus-like" to compete, but the car is very refined. A little less plastic would be nice.

CLK350 convertible Mercedes
By laura gilder on 08/09/06 09:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The air conditioning in this car takes too long to get cool. Also, 2 cupholders would be nice. This car is fun to drive and I enjoy it. Don't know if I would buy another because of the air and I live in Florida.

Very pleased
By New Yorker on 07/24/06 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I've had the car for 5 months now and couldn't be more pleased. The car handles exactly like you would expect and has outstanding performance. I have the 500 convertible and it doesn't accelerate, it leaps forward. I can imagine how the '07 550 accelerates. I compared it to the Audi S4 and the BMW 6 convertibles. The only thing the Audi had on it was all wheel drive - but it came with a higher monthly lease cost. The BMW wasn't as attractive and the back seat was not worth having. The back seat on the Benz while not expansive can and has held 2 full size adults confortably. The convertible top works great although it could be a little faster and less sensitive to items in the trunk.

A Nice New Benz
By ianzbenz on 07/17/06 17:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just got it just because, it was a great choice. But looking back I should have shopped around and thought more about my choices, the Volvo C70 is a few thousand cheaper with more features, but not as luxurious. And the Porsche Boxter had more performance, but not as many features. Overall I like my chioce, but test drive all convertibles in this class before you buy, to find the one that suits you best.

CLK500 CAB
By ELVAS on 07/15/06 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have been a master Mercedes-Benz technician for 38 years. I have my own shop & know where every problem MB has. This is the best built, fun to drive, head turning, MB I have seen since the '71 280SE cabro. It is the Designo version & the leather/paint combo is a joy to look at. I know all of the complaints about MB, & if anyone should be mad at them it's me. But this is a car they can truly be proud of. There is no way Lexus, BMW, or the others can match the beauty & Soul this car has. Mercedes...keep up the good work!

Transmission problem
By Pamela on 07/12/06 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love the car but have had a horrible experience from service at the dealership. Sometimes the car jerks, downshifts and drives very rough when you are slowing down. I had it checked at 1000 miles and again at 11,000 miles. Gas mileage is pretty good but runs on premium. Design is great but does not make up for horrible service.

Nice to look at, that's where it ends
By dan on 06/07/06 19:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

So far it has been in service more than on the road . If you purchase this vehicle, be prepared for tears in the roof liner around the rear window. Also be prepared for a rough idle no matter what they do. Bad gas mileage . Overall fair build quality

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.