2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 CLK-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

Exciting
By jim

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The CLK350 is sporty and elegant. What a joy to drive. No need to worry about speed or safety, the car has both. Plenty of truck space and seats four comfortably. On top of all the wonderful features you get professional service support. Thanks for the awesome experience and ride.

Favorite Features

luxury seating, engine hp, overall beautiful ride.

Sexiest car I've owned
By Inctomi

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Since Mercedes doesn't hold value like the Beamer I had before, I was able to get a great deal on a low mileage '06 in CT. The car is mint with Nav, black on black, etc etc. I am only in my 3rd week and I love it. Our other car is a Lexus ES350 which is a safe bet boring sedan and I convinced my wifey to get this 'for her.' Let's just that it is not a 335 twin turbo but has enough power under the hood and looks better than comparable cars, way better. It drives well enough and I have been inventing excuses just to take it on the road. So far, I don't have any annoying rattles or anything. Best looking I owned.

Favorite Features

Bi-pillerless design (gorgeous with all the windows down), Nav, Black on Black color and interior, Easy access to the back seat, actual windows for the back seat, sleek but small interior, HK surround sound audio system.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders, Touch screen Navi, better Navi maps, Built in Bluetooth(Weird, the car has bluetooth/phone buttons but bluetooth was never installed)

My baby! 1st Car!
By bekums

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my very first car. I love it! Its the best car ever. I hate only one thing, that I only have ONE cup holder.

Favorite Features

The whole car!

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders.

Worst car i ever owned!!!!
By Ashly

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought my 06 4 weeks ago, i have since traded up to an Acura TL ( yes, i said up) the TL blows the clk i had out of the water. This was the worst car experience ive ever had. I owned the car two weeks when the transmission went out! I had it towed to mercedes where i had my " manufacturers warranty" For them to tell me to wait a week with NO loaner car! ( said they don't give loaners anymore) For an answer. They were not helpful whatsoever and lacked hugely in their customer service. I was so unhappy with the car i traded for a real one... Acura Tl.All the things wrong- the windows were rattling and loose, failed transmission , rear foglamp out, side turn signal light broken, allot

Favorite Features

Um....i would say the appearance of front and rear windows but those were on tbe verge of breaking. At 20k.

Suggested Improvements

The entire car. Not to mention mercedes customer service and reliability of car . I will never buy another mercedes in my life. Terrible.

From One Black Beauty to Another
By hazellocks

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

With a child in college, I'd planned to drive my '97 Lexus ES300 until it died. Sure, it was a bit long in the tooth, but it worked just fine. Until it died. Suddenly. Irrevocably. In my neck of the woods, Lexus rules; Beemers are well-represented, too. I was loyal to Lexus, but in my heart of hearts, I wanted an MBz. A good friend and private dealer found my new baby. At first sight, it was so beautiful, I was afraid to drive it. It was too fancy, too ostentatious, too TOO. Took about a week to get over it. I am in love. Smitten. Besotted to the point of purchasing a custom cover to minimize sun damage (blk ext, no tinted windows, hot sun, all that leather). Co-workers tease, but that's OK!

Favorite Features

The CLK 350 is a perfect car for one-- or two people. It signals that the mini- van days are over. I chose black, a really challenging color, and spend lots of time dusting, polishing, cleaning water spots. There's nothing like going for a drive on a nice day, dog in the back, all windows open. Bliss!

Suggested Improvements

Cream-colored leather is a REAL challenge, but oh-so-beautiful at night when unlocking the doors. I wish MBZ made a back seat dog cover (with insignia, of course). Complaints about controls? Yes, there's a learning curve, but after that, it's all good. CLK is being discontinued in 2010. Too bad!!

So dissapointed.
By Unimpressed Girl

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my G35 coupe on this car and from the second day of owning I wish I could have just got my old car back. In the three years that I owned my G35 I never had as many problems as with this stupid car. It was certified pre-owned when I bought it and it only had 15,875 miles on it. Here's the list: Blown speaker, Wheel Balance off, Drivers side seat holder broken, Engine Pulley replacement, Middle brake light out, and chip in windshield. I know you might be thinking...most of these things were rigged so I didn't find them instantly and I got to those so far and only owned it a few months. Terrible customer service and a terrible car. Don't buy it!

Favorite Features

The fact that it cranks when I get in it...ha!

Suggested Improvements

There are definitely wiring issues with this car. More cupholders. Better steering at high speeds. Seats getting caught when lifting to get in back. Lumbar adjustment not an option but standard and also halogens standard. Stronger engine. Better exhaust.

Caveat Emptor
By LVS

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased my CLK coupe in April of '06 and have regretted it every single day since. It looked beautiful at the dealership with it's full Brabus tuning and appearance package. But as they say about Monet's paintings; it was good from afar and far from good. The litany of problems with this car ranges from a new transmission at 20,000 miles to multiple broken window motors. And I don't even want to get started on the apocalyptic depreciation. In exactly 2 years of ownership, it is worth less than half of what I bought it for. It is such a terrible feeling to get into a car everyday and wonder what will go wrong with it next. So please take note and do not buy this car.

Favorite Features

Like a super model it looks beautiful, but you can only imagine the maintenance required.

Suggested Improvements

Yeah...I don't even know where to begin. Let's see...maybe build a transmission that doesn't need to replaced at 20,000 miles? Or an electric system that doesn't need constant tinkering? Also, Mercedes needs to take hint and learn a thing or two from Audi and BMW with their customer service.

After having a 3rd Lexus...
By Dave's MB

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first Mercedes and I love it! I've owned 3 Lexus models and a BMW but have never enjoyed a car as much. How much do I love this car? I never had one single problem with any of my previous Lexus cars and I've had 10 things replaced or fixed on this CLK... and I still wouldn't switch back. (Nothing related to the drivetrain and all covered under warranty of course... hope you like your service department!) The car looks best with the windows down... no B pillar- sexy!

Favorite Features

The drive. No B pillar. PS- If you think your CLK only has one cup holder, push the dash directly to the left of the glove box and a (very) concealed cup-holder slides out.

Suggested Improvements

Wake up Mercedes and get touch screen navigation. It's hard to go back to a car without.

Love At First Sight
By Dean Farris

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Well, OK, since I could not swing the 1970 280 SL of my dreams, since it would be very impractical in South Florida, I opted for the '06 Mercedes CLK-350 coupe. Oh yes, it's a sweet ride, and I jump out of bed every morning and look forward to the pleasure of driving this little jewel to work. I chose black with an ivory interior. My last CLK was a 320 and it was in a gorgeous pewter color, but I did have some electrical probs with it. So far this '06 CLK350 has been a dream. It is a work of art, and when you get behind the wheel you feel like you've arrived with all the leather, polished burlwood, and the slightly retro design of the dash and fittings. Yes, it's my baby.

Favorite Features

The look and the feel. This is one gorgeous set of wheels.

Suggested Improvements

It is very hard to improve perfection. Perhaps the ivory leather should be discontinued, since it is very impractical.

Best Car ever
By Glenn

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is the best car I have owned, and I have gone thru 14 cars and vans over the last 30 years and by far this car is the most fun to drive . Many people stop and comment on how cool the car looks due to no B pillar. Mileage on the highway is 31 mpg

Favorite Features

The transmission is very smooth and the interior is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The car could use a compass and more shoulder room.