Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Exciting
By jim

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The CLK350 is sporty and elegant. What a joy to drive. No need to worry about speed or safety, the car has both. Plenty of truck space and seats four comfortably. On top of all the wonderful features you get professional service support. Thanks for the awesome experience and ride.

Favorite Features

luxury seating, engine hp, overall beautiful ride.

Sexiest car I've owned
By Inctomi

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Since Mercedes doesn't hold value like the Beamer I had before, I was able to get a great deal on a low mileage '06 in CT. The car is mint with Nav, black on black, etc etc. I am only in my 3rd week and I love it. Our other car is a Lexus ES350 which is a safe bet boring sedan and I convinced my wifey to get this 'for her.' Let's just that it is not a 335 twin turbo but has enough power under the hood and looks better than comparable cars, way better. It drives well enough and I have been inventing excuses just to take it on the road. So far, I don't have any annoying rattles or anything. Best looking I owned.

Favorite Features

Bi-pillerless design (gorgeous with all the windows down), Nav, Black on Black color and interior, Easy access to the back seat, actual windows for the back seat, sleek but small interior, HK surround sound audio system.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders, Touch screen Navi, better Navi maps, Built in Bluetooth(Weird, the car has bluetooth/phone buttons but bluetooth was never installed)

My baby! 1st Car!
By bekums

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my very first car. I love it! Its the best car ever. I hate only one thing, that I only have ONE cup holder.

Favorite Features

The whole car!

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders.

Worst car i ever owned!!!!
By Ashly

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought my 06 4 weeks ago, i have since traded up to an Acura TL ( yes, i said up) the TL blows the clk i had out of the water. This was the worst car experience ive ever had. I owned the car two weeks when the transmission went out! I had it towed to mercedes where i had my " manufacturers warranty" For them to tell me to wait a week with NO loaner car! ( said they don't give loaners anymore) For an answer. They were not helpful whatsoever and lacked hugely in their customer service. I was so unhappy with the car i traded for a real one... Acura Tl.All the things wrong- the windows were rattling and loose, failed transmission , rear foglamp out, side turn signal light broken, allot

Favorite Features

Um....i would say the appearance of front and rear windows but those were on tbe verge of breaking. At 20k.

Suggested Improvements

The entire car. Not to mention mercedes customer service and reliability of car . I will never buy another mercedes in my life. Terrible.

From One Black Beauty to Another
By hazellocks

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

With a child in college, I'd planned to drive my '97 Lexus ES300 until it died. Sure, it was a bit long in the tooth, but it worked just fine. Until it died. Suddenly. Irrevocably. In my neck of the woods, Lexus rules; Beemers are well-represented, too. I was loyal to Lexus, but in my heart of hearts, I wanted an MBz. A good friend and private dealer found my new baby. At first sight, it was so beautiful, I was afraid to drive it. It was too fancy, too ostentatious, too TOO. Took about a week to get over it. I am in love. Smitten. Besotted to the point of purchasing a custom cover to minimize sun damage (blk ext, no tinted windows, hot sun, all that leather). Co-workers tease, but that's OK!

Favorite Features

The CLK 350 is a perfect car for one-- or two people. It signals that the mini- van days are over. I chose black, a really challenging color, and spend lots of time dusting, polishing, cleaning water spots. There's nothing like going for a drive on a nice day, dog in the back, all windows open. Bliss!

Suggested Improvements

Cream-colored leather is a REAL challenge, but oh-so-beautiful at night when unlocking the doors. I wish MBZ made a back seat dog cover (with insignia, of course). Complaints about controls? Yes, there's a learning curve, but after that, it's all good. CLK is being discontinued in 2010. Too bad!!