2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
I Highly Recommend the BMW
By Melissa on 09/21/07 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I traded in a BMW 330 convertible on this car a little over a year ago. I was looking for something a little more luxurious, but with the fun of the convertible. I really wish I had the 5 year old BMW back. This car looks good, but that's about it. Boring to drive, doesn't hug the curves like I'm used to. I've also been very disappointed in the interior of this car. Very cheaply designed for the price. Navigation system is so outdated that most of my commute on a highway completed two years ago is not even on the system. No one can tell me when this will be updated. I put the top down about once a week and put it back up in the garage. It is showing far more wear than 5 yr old BMW.

Ask me Again in 10 Years
By Dave on 04/07/07 13:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Bought the car new 20 months ago. Absolutely love it, but I only have 9,000 miles on it. Did this coming off of 18 years of Toyota ownership. Have replaced the amplifier on the premium sound system and a malfunctioning key fob under warranty. Don't know if this is standard operating procedure for pricy German cars. Not a sports car as much as it is a muscle car with 21st century refinement. Bought it after deciding I was too old and too fat to climb in and out of a 911 Cabriolet at the Porsche dealership. Went to the MB dealership expecting to buy an SL. Test drove both CLK 500 and an SL 500. Decided to get a back seat and pay $30,000 less than what the SL would have cost.

My first real toy
By robertfj on 11/26/06 12:43 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Awesome driving experience. Great road manners and super performance. 11,000 miles and not one complaint or problem.

Very pleased
By New Yorker on 07/24/06 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I've had the car for 5 months now and couldn't be more pleased. The car handles exactly like you would expect and has outstanding performance. I have the 500 convertible and it doesn't accelerate, it leaps forward. I can imagine how the '07 550 accelerates. I compared it to the Audi S4 and the BMW 6 convertibles. The only thing the Audi had on it was all wheel drive - but it came with a higher monthly lease cost. The BMW wasn't as attractive and the back seat was not worth having. The back seat on the Benz while not expansive can and has held 2 full size adults confortably. The convertible top works great although it could be a little faster and less sensitive to items in the trunk.

CLK500 CAB
By ELVAS on 07/15/06 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have been a master Mercedes-Benz technician for 38 years. I have my own shop & know where every problem MB has. This is the best built, fun to drive, head turning, MB I have seen since the '71 280SE cabro. It is the Designo version & the leather/paint combo is a joy to look at. I know all of the complaints about MB, & if anyone should be mad at them it's me. But this is a car they can truly be proud of. There is no way Lexus, BMW, or the others can match the beauty & Soul this car has. Mercedes...keep up the good work!

Love this car
By mstrebe on 04/19/06 01:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The new 7 speed transmission is interesting. It improves fuel economy with no performance loss, but you do have to get used to things like double gear drop downs and the fact that the car runs at about 2000 rpm vice 3000 at typical freeway speed. The new electronics suite is greatly improved over 2004, but the harmon/kardon audio isn't quite as good at the surround processing as the Bose system in the 2004 or as loud. the iPod option works really well--way better than the 3rd party junk that's out ther.

Marks
By mambrose on 01/28/06 19:00 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I think the car is satisfying overall. It is a well rounded machine, although those expecting a sports car may be a bit dissapointed. I had a 911 cab prior so that may not be a fair statement. It is smooth, quiet and powerful, although I understand they are putting the new v8 found in the 2007 S class thoughout the line to replace the current 5.0 ltr motor. That will be a real lift in power. (some 80 or so horses.) Kind of wish I would have waited for the 2007. I put 18 inch BBS wheels on mine and it handles better w/o much loss in ride. They look better too. I may put on cross drilled rotors(for looks and performance)w/perf. pads(to lessen dust), and maybe sway bars to help prevent leaning.

CLK500 Convertible
By Yogi on 01/24/06 17:59 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I just got the CLK500 Conv. Let me telling you something, what a car. We wanted to get the CLK350 Conv, but the dealer did not have it. We got the DVD, Premium Package. They had the 500 in stock, and were more flexible in selling this one. I got it for $1.00 over invoice. The car is for my wife, and she is so in love with it. She was a previous BMW driver, and we still have her Car. I own a 99 CLK320, and it is still running great for me. It has 171,000 miles on it...

Ultimate Fun
By Ute Lisa Appleby on 07/27/05 11:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is a most beautifully designed car, and driving feels like floating on clouds. Enjoy the sound of the engine when starting the car. It is luxury at its best. Trunk space is small just enough for 2 small suitcases. Don't plan on doing major grocery shopping with this car. It is a great car but not practical in everyday life i.e. if you are on the road, in sales or real estate and need to transport kids/people. You need an "everyday" practical second car if you own a CLK. Save it for going out or somewhere special. It is so fast that you don't realize how fast you go. Total, absolute luxury. It will spoil you forever.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.