Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Almost Great!
By Jorge

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first Mercedes. Everything is great except for a few things. The seat back contours are designed/built for very skinny people. Even a Mitsubishi I had with wrap around seat backs, were adjustable. The dial temp controls aren't very accurately adjustable (the 2002 Avalon I have are digitally adjustable with rocker up/down 1 degree increments). Ride & handling are superb for a convertible. Body is rigid with almost no twist on tight turns. Engines today should not require premium gas. The menu system is not very user friendly. And I just found out that the Nav. system is only updated every 5 years. Good thing I have portable Garmin units (which are easier to program).

The quietness of the Cabriolet. Top up down operations function including integration with windows. Transmission smooth & quiet.

Touch screen Nav, annual Map updates at a much cheaper price tag (Garmin's free for life) Move cruise cntrl set lever away from turn signal's- a real safety hazard in the dark. Door design makes for a cumbersome entry into rear seats, seniors have even a tougher one. Wrap around seat bk adjustable

Love this car!
By mbzlvr

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased first as lease when new. Bought out the lease. Just love this car. Great power for a V6 and average 32mpg on the highway. Never have had any issues whatsoever. Great customer service during regular scheduled maintenance. Even got a loaner car every time! So much fun to drive and going topless is pure joy. I will definitely buy another MB.

Harman Kardon sound system, seat belt presenters, i-Pod kit, sexy look both inside and out, build quality and performance.

Locking glove compartment. Make NAV unit standard equipment

The best
By LHANN

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned 19 cars, five of which were Benz. My favorites were the 1965 250S and the current CLK 350. It's a dream on the interstate but it is equally a pleasure to cruise the beach. My only complaints are that the trunk is a bit on the cozy side, especially with the top down, and the navigation system is CD driven. However, the navigation system is very good and I would never buy another car without the factory installed system. Gas mileage is outstanding. On the interstate I get 28 regularly (at 80+ mph), although city driving is considerably less. Although the model styling is a few years old I still get many wonderful comments and thumbs up from drivers on the road.

Styling, typical Benz quality, handling, nav system, gas mileage, comfort especially on long trips. What's not to like.

Voice control nav. system and telephone. Easier to read (larger letters) on the LED dash and nav read outs. Available saddle brown leather interior.

I Highly Recommend the BMW
By Melissa

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I traded in a BMW 330 convertible on this car a little over a year ago. I was looking for something a little more luxurious, but with the fun of the convertible. I really wish I had the 5 year old BMW back. This car looks good, but that's about it. Boring to drive, doesn't hug the curves like I'm used to. I've also been very disappointed in the interior of this car. Very cheaply designed for the price. Navigation system is so outdated that most of my commute on a highway completed two years ago is not even on the system. No one can tell me when this will be updated. I put the top down about once a week and put it back up in the garage. It is showing far more wear than 5 yr old BMW.

Lines of the car are elegant. Fewer blind spots with the top up than most convertibles.

GPS should be updated more than every 5 years. Needs a slightly more sporty feel to make it more fun. Upgrades needed to top workmanship to make it hold up to use. Mine is far to worn for one year. Stereo system is awful for a car at this price.

2 Years Later
By Max Headroom

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We picked this car up in Germany in Oct,2005, fresh off the 2006 production line. I highly recommend their white-glove international delivery. We tooled around on the autobahn at speeds of 120- 130mph with little effort. I only recently went on a road trip of any length in the U.S.; 2000 miles to NY and back to Atlanta. What a dream on the road! Surprizingly, room for 2 suitcases,a computer tower,various coolers and tote bags without having to put the top up! Mileage ran at 30mpg @ 70-80 cruising speed. Because this is a performance car, the ride is stiff, but not intolerable for long trips. The adjustability of the driver seat makes finding a comfortable setting easy. Navi system is adequate.

Very dependable, low maintenance car. Cruise control is the best I've used with true one-finger adjustment at increments of 1 mph up or down. One touch top-down is great. Leg and head room is phenomenal, my husband is 6'4" and has room to spare. Back seat is actually usable for two of average size.

Radio controls on steering wheel don't progress satellite stations according to the presets.It only progresses them station by station,but AM/FM works fine. Passengers are unable to see the clock in the middle of the drivers view. Larger glove box would be nice, as would cupholders for the back.