2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Almost Great!
By Jorge on 10/06/09 19:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first Mercedes. Everything is great except for a few things. The seat back contours are designed/built for very skinny people. Even a Mitsubishi I had with wrap around seat backs, were adjustable. The dial temp controls aren't very accurately adjustable (the 2002 Avalon I have are digitally adjustable with rocker up/down 1 degree increments). Ride & handling are superb for a convertible. Body is rigid with almost no twist on tight turns. Engines today should not require premium gas. The menu system is not very user friendly. And I just found out that the Nav. system is only updated every 5 years. Good thing I have portable Garmin units (which are easier to program).

Love this car!
By mbzlvr on 08/30/09 13:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased first as lease when new. Bought out the lease. Just love this car. Great power for a V6 and average 32mpg on the highway. Never have had any issues whatsoever. Great customer service during regular scheduled maintenance. Even got a loaner car every time! So much fun to drive and going topless is pure joy. I will definitely buy another MB.

The best
By LHANN on 01/13/09 14:29 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned 19 cars, five of which were Benz. My favorites were the 1965 250S and the current CLK 350. It's a dream on the interstate but it is equally a pleasure to cruise the beach. My only complaints are that the trunk is a bit on the cozy side, especially with the top down, and the navigation system is CD driven. However, the navigation system is very good and I would never buy another car without the factory installed system. Gas mileage is outstanding. On the interstate I get 28 regularly (at 80+ mph), although city driving is considerably less. Although the model styling is a few years old I still get many wonderful comments and thumbs up from drivers on the road.

2 Years Later
By Max Headroom on 08/21/07 10:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We picked this car up in Germany in Oct,2005, fresh off the 2006 production line. I highly recommend their white-glove international delivery. We tooled around on the autobahn at speeds of 120- 130mph with little effort. I only recently went on a road trip of any length in the U.S.; 2000 miles to NY and back to Atlanta. What a dream on the road! Surprizingly, room for 2 suitcases,a computer tower,various coolers and tote bags without having to put the top up! Mileage ran at 30mpg @ 70-80 cruising speed. Because this is a performance car, the ride is stiff, but not intolerable for long trips. The adjustability of the driver seat makes finding a comfortable setting easy. Navi system is adequate.

Best Car Purchase
By Scott Woodward on 06/26/07 07:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I previously owned an SLK 320, but wanted more room and luxury without sacrificing fun and performance. This car is the perfect answer. The only trip to the dealer so far was to remedy an electrical connector on the transmission and replace the CD player. Pleasantly surprised at delivery to find the newer console with two additional cup holders. Comfortable seats, and interior fit and finish is first rate. With the roof up there is good visibility, and it is surprisingly quiet. Absolutely fun to drive and easy on the eyes. This one is a keeper.

Tires and Transmission
By L. Miller on 05/23/07 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Fun to drive, but lossing its appeal. Nothing but tire problems and now transmission problems. 2 blowouts, one bubble on sidewall, replaced rear tires at 18,0000 miles. Faulty transmission valve and now O rings are going out. This is a very expensive car for all these problems. When the lease is up, we will not get another Mercedes. I am sure there are a lot of great cars, less expensive and more dependable. Perhaps Audi or Volvo. Very disenchanted!

What are they thinking?
By Mark L. on 04/07/07 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car has no drink holders for soda cans or coffee cups at all. The seatbelts come forward for you to use them only if you start the car with the doors open. The roll bar in my convertible pops up whenever I go over a rumble strip in the road. The car looks great, but would I buy it again? Never. I will go back to the Mercedes sedans. Poor design of interior features and just no thought into what americans deem nice in their cars.

Best Car ever
By Glenn on 12/26/06 13:01 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased my CLK 350 one year ago and waited until now to see how it performed this past year, and it was great best car I have ever owned, and I have owned over 15 in the last 30 years. The ride is better than our Infiniti I35 much more quiet than the Lexes and BMW that I test drove. Everyone who rides along says this is a quiet car with lots of power. The interior fit and finish is great, the transmission shifts smoothly and the stability control are great. The ipod intergreation is what everyone should get. MB is the best every made.

CLK320
By jim l on 10/26/06 13:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This CLK 320 convertible was a definite surprise. The power and ride are much above expectations. No longer feel I made a mistake in selling my 911 to make room for this excellent Mercedes product.

CLK 350 Cabrio For Fun
By Bud Springer on 10/01/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Chose CLK Cabrio over BMW Convertable and am truly pleased with the choice. Great looking and driving. Gas mileage is exceptional; you really can get 27- 28 mpg on the highway. Great top down ride at 65-70 mph w/no wind problems at all. We can talk and be heard and the excellent radio sound carries well. This is perfect car for a couple and unlike the roadsters, there is ample room for a reasonable amount of baggage, even with the top down as the rear seats serve well for cargo and even our 2 small dogs on occassion. We selected a black over white color combo' and just love it. We constantly get compliments and this one stands out over the usual silver bodies we see too much of.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.